Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

How many M&P's do you own?

I've noticed a serious uptick in M&P owners, in this part of the state anyway, and some folks abandoning Glocks for M&P's. I think the first couple of runs turned people off with their horrible triggers. Since then you can buy a M&P for about $499, locally.

I fell in love with them with the first that I bought. The adjustable back strap did it. They also fit my hands very well. The stock triggers are now bearable, but I have I replaced all three of mine with APEX FSS triggers. IMO, they are the closest thing you can get to a tuned 1911 trigger, in a plastic gun.

I have 3, a 9mm FS, a .40 FS and a .45 ACP FS. With the exception of the triggers, the only modifications I've made to mine are TFO sights.

My Glocks are getting lonely in the safe, but I appreciate them for what they are, they're nearly indestructible and you can get a pretty damned good trigger for less than $40 - $50. In fact I've got everything except a couple of parts for the receiver waiting for my Polymer 80% to get here from Rainer, which will be a "model 32" (.357 Sig) that I'm dying to get started on.

I'm wondering how many of you own M&P's, or XP's or others, polymer pistols which have caused you to pay less attention to your Glocks.

Although I like the feel of the M&P better than the Glock, I think the "simpler" design of the Glock is better than the M&P. Example: you have to remove the rear sight to strip the M&P slide. I also think that it's much easier to completely strip and reassemble a Glock than a M&P. I guess that's subjective. But sometimes working on a M&P can be a pain in the butt.

So what are your experiences with one vs. the other. Your other doesn't have to be an M&P, maybe an XP or polymer striker fired pistol?

Have you modified, your M&P, other than cosmetic stuff, for performance?

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 2 March 2017 at 18:26.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper