Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zero.

Unless I'm issued one I won't buy one.

Those which I've shot I've not been impressed with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    theres currently 4 in the house if you count the wife's shield. another is off having some work done. one of the full sizes I'm debating selling. the main one i shoot has all the Apex goodies; SDI barrel, aek trigger, duty carry spring kit and some mild work on the frame (undercut and some stippling at the thumb reference points). it's also got the large backstrap from my 2.0 on it.

I honestly hated the finger grooves on glocks, never fit my hand right. and i thought they were just way too plain looking. a few years later I see and feel a good undercut and groove removal and they feel alot better. (shortly after that I found my M&P with the undercut) then I start seeeing the slide work people are doing to them and glocks aren't so ugly anymore. I've always shot them well and well now I don't have any excuses. (I actually now own a glock 19, and not sure what I wanna do with yet. i'm afraid it'll be a rabbit hole my wife and wallet won't like).

So really at this point i like the glock but i wouldn't trade my M&Ps for them. especially the 2.0. but I may move the AEK and Duty carry kit to m compact as it's my edc and get a FSS for the full size that they are currently in. the g19 came with xsbig dot sights i'm not a fan of so I need to replace those and get a holster for it. it may still sneak into my carry rotation...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Zero.

Unless I'm issued one I won't buy one.

Those which I've shot I've not been impressed with.
    Yeah, it's almost a requirement you have to dump $100 worth of Apex parts into an M&P just to make it shoot like a Glock. The only reason I like the M&P is because it has superior ergonomics (for me) vs the Glock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yeah, it's almost a requirement you have to dump $100 worth of Apex parts into an M&P just to make it shoot like a Glock. The only reason I like the M&P is because it has superior ergonomics (for me) vs the Glock.
    I disagree. A stock Glock has IMO one of the sorriest triggers ever designed, with the possible exception of some of the $200 knock offs, in polymer framed pistols.
    I had to spend money so mine wouldn't shoot like a Glock. Also there are a number of trigger kits, and I think people use the name APEX as sort of a generic term rather than a specific kit with specific goals. Sort of like how some people think a coke is any flavor of carbonated soft drink.

I spend money to make Glocks bearable.

I use APEX FSS (specifically) for M&P triggers. They are absolutely nothing like a Glock trigger by any stretch of the imagination. A whole lot closer to a 1911 trigger.

The "duty" , AEK, and other kits APEX sells, well I don't know much about them. Since I'm not on "duty", I don't put much thought into them either.

Stock Glock triggers deserve their place on the right hand of Satan in hell eternal. If it takes $100 dollars to turn your M&P into a "Glock", you should call Randy and get your money back. Or look at other options, such as the FSS kit.
    Last edited by FortTom; 6 March 2017 at 07:43.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glock Triggers aren't the greatest thing ever, but the M&P trigger is flat out garage in my opinion. Too mushy with a non-existent reset. The M&P stock trigger is by far the weakest part on a pretty good $400 gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The trigger on my Walther p-22 is better than the stock trigger on my Shield. IMO, the only stock trigger better than my P30L is the Legion.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Glock Triggers aren't the greatest thing ever, but the M&P trigger is flat out garage in my opinion. Too mushy with a non-existent reset. The M&P stock trigger is by far the weakest part on a pretty good $400 gun.
    UW,

Where are you buying them (M&P's) for $400 bucks? Is that a LEO discount or something? They go for $499 anywhere around here.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 8 March 2017 at 05:36.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here FT. I paid right around $500 for mine also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    UW,

Where are you buying them (M&P's) for $400 bucks? Is that a LEO discount or something? They go for $499 anywhere around here.

FT
    That's the S&W Version of "Blue Label" $398 all day. I get mine from Quantico Tactical

http://www.quanticotactical.com/asp/...=MP9%20Pistols

We are proud to participate in S&W's LE/Military/1st Responder program which offers many popular S&W weapons at significant discounts to eligible customers. Eligible customers are:

Military: Active, Reserve, NG, Retired, Medically Retired, and Service-connected Disabled Veterans
    Law Enforcement: Federal, State, and Local Active or Retired Sworn Officers
    Corrections Officers including Parole and Probation Officers
    1st Responders: Firefighters, Paramedics, and EMT’s
    Licensed Federal, State, City and Private Security Officers
    Commercial Pilots and Federal Flight Deck Officers
    Court Judges
    District and Deputy District Attorneys

As you can see, the program is pretty broad. In fact MIL gets an extra little love with the rebate on top of that.

SW Rebate 2017.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn!...I did not know that, nor can I remember anyone mentioning it. Knew about Glock's "Blue Lable" deal, but not this. Pisses me off, I'm always finding this stuff out after the fact. Anyway, I've got the 3 that I want, a 9, .40, and .45, all FS. Can't use anymore, unless they ever come out with a 10mm, which I seriously doubt is going to happen.

Thanks for the info,
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just the four .......... for now

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just picked up the 5" 2.0, I didn't realize that the Apex FSS doesn't work in the 2.0...yet. That trigger has spoiled me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My 2.0 had a surprisingly good factory trigger. Not going to change that one. When you find one for the 2.0, post it up. I'm interested in what you decide.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tb417 View Post
    I just picked up the 5" 2.0, I didn't realize that the Apex FSS doesn't work in the 2.0...yet. That trigger has spoiled me.
    I've got one (FSS) in all 3 of mine. After the first one I tried, I knew before hand that I would install one in any subsequent purchases, which I did. I've got to "adjust" one. Apex says to use the factory trigger spring for a 3.5 - 4.0 lb trigger. It came in at 2.75 .lb's which for me is way to light for a carry gun. Fun at the range, but dangerous, for my tastes as a carry gun. Didn't know the FSS wouldn't work in a 2.0. Good to know.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    My 2.0 had a surprisingly good factory trigger. Not going to change that one. When you find one for the 2.0, post it up. I'm interested in what you decide.
    That's been my experience with the ones I've shot also. The 2.0 is more of an improvement than I originally believed.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa