Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EMR-A

Downloads
    Uploads

EMR-A

NM
    Last edited by Duffy; 8 March 2017 at 15:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tease.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll release more hard data to support the use of the included, custom made compression spring, at the same time we'll be able to actually post pics and features. There's a lot to digest, it occurred to me we shouldn't do this in piecemeal
    Last edited by Duffy; 8 March 2017 at 16:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're killing me, smalls.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As EMR-A is finishing up last minutes developments, we can share some of its features and attributes:

EMR-A pivots on the receiver (it wasn't designed to go on safe queens)
    Custom made spring included (but not required)
    Low profile levers
    Will not be compatible with battery assist device levers (was not a consideration)
    Optional bundling with EMR (through hole) and EMR-C (blind hole) mag release buttons.

We took into account of force amplification afforded by the lever, and this alone explains the lever choices and inclusion of custom made spring.

We will firm up the spring rate this weekend.

Pics to follow when the last minute developments are complete, I'm sure you don't want to see hacked up prototypes
    Last edited by Duffy; 16 March 2017 at 07:47.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update on spring rate: the new custom made bolt catch spring is 60% stronger. Made specifically for Forward Controls and the EMR-A, it'll be an optional add-on for the EMR and EMR-C as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaaaaaand following
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still contemplating whether we should offer the springs separately. I'd like to, but shipping is a pain. Maybe a package of 5 springs with shipping included to make it easy.

The extra spring rate spring is helpful in many situations. With armor and pouches, the AR is less likely to accidentally drop its magazine, whether you're a right hand shooter with an ambi mag catch installed, or a left hand shooter with the standard mag release button.

Those with the extended mag release buttons will benefit from an extra power mag catch spring as well. The force amplification afforded by the lever makes the mag release button easier to press and should be countered, the factory mag catch spring is rather soft as it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread with no pics is like being a Catholic Priest with no choirboy's.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here you go, the one posted last week but taken down

This lever is about the right length of the standard lever, but it's one that was modified from an extended lever to make the length, the production standard lever will look far nicer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shown to the public for the first time at Cola Warrior West III, the EMR-A prototype with a modified standard lever.

NOTE: this is a prototype lever, converted to EMR-A's standard lever length from an extended lever, production standard lever will be slightly different and look better.

Photo courtesy of Daniel R of Cola Warrior

Two lever options will be available: standard, and extended (0.09 longer). The extended lever will be easier to press due to its slightly longer length.

EMR-A will ship with a 60% extra spring rate mag catch spring. We played with 30% an 40% extra power springs, and came to the conclusion the standard mag catch spring is rather weak to begin with, 30% and 40% doesn't amount to much.

The 60% extra spring rate spring mitigates accidental / unintended mag drops, whether our EMR-A is installed and in use or not. The extra power mag catch spring will be an optional add-on item for EMR and EMR-C. Since EMR and EMR-C both have free shipping already included, the spring (if selected) ships with them for free as well.

As to making the springs available separately, I'm all for it, except it's not practical to list an item for $1 and spend $2.50 to ship it, so more likely the springs will come in a 5 pack.
    Last edited by Duffy; 27 March 2017 at 19:48.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good. I need a few.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll take two and an ABC-R for a .308 please

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to see it relieved for KNS type anti-rotation devices. Well thought out, I like it.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will it be available as a bundle?