Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EMR-A

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Gost! Normal discount codes will work with these discounted units

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder how many will lift their hand to look at their finger pad, just to make double check?

Downloads
    Uploads
    EMR-A will have some changes later this year

No teases this time, as we're close to production and release.

1. Extended lever will be discontinued. We still have plenty on hand to last us till next year, but unless there is demand, no additional extended levers will be produced.
    2. Standard lever will be supplanted with the new EMR-A, AA (all angles) lever. Standard lever is serrated, AA lever is dimpled, they're the same length.
    3. EMR-A, LP option will be available for both lever options. LP stands for low profile, but it actually refers to the RIGHT side.

EMR-A, AA lever:
    Last edited by Duffy; 25 August 2017 at 10:51.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hell of a time to be running out of ABC/R-AA

Both serrated and dimpled ABC/R v2 will be in stock next month

Downloads
    Uploads
    New for 2018.

The new LP (low profile) mag catch option reduces the mag catch shaft by a full revolution, or 0.03. The LP option on the EMR-A (not available for extended length lever EMR-A) reduces the installed height of the right hand mag release button, resulting in the right side mag release button that sits below the mag release fence. This is our latest step to mitigate accidental / unintended mag drop risks.

Note the LP option for EMR-A will not reduce the EMR-C's installed height on an AR15/M16 to the point where EMR-C doesn't constitute accidental / unintended mag drop risks. The LP option aims to reduce the installed height of a TDP spec mag release button (such as our EMR), it isn't a solution for extended mag releases, the installed height of which would require a drastically shorter shaft to offset. EMR-C is meant for 7.62mm ARs, even though it works on an AR15 / M16, we suggest it be relegated to 7.62mm ARs and gaming ARs, not for defense and duty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post

Hell of a time to be running out of ABC/R-AA

Both serrated and dimpled ABC/R v2 will be in stock next month
    This is all kinds of good looking. I really like the mag release, very ergonomic and intuitive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    New for 2018.

The new LP (low profile) mag catch option reduces the mag catch shaft by a full revolution, or 0.03. The LP option on the EMR-A (not available for extended length lever EMR-A) reduces the installed height of the right hand mag release button, resulting in the right side mag release button that sits below the mag release fence. This is our latest step to mitigate accidental / unintended mag drop risks.

Note the LP option for EMR-A will not reduce the EMR-C's installed height on an AR15/M16 to the point where EMR-C doesn't constitute accidental / unintended mag drop risks. The LP option aims to reduce the installed height of a TDP spec mag release button (such as our EMR), it isn't a solution for extended mag releases, the installed height of which would require a drastically shorter shaft to offset. EMR-C is meant for 7.62mm ARs, even though it works on an AR15 / M16, we suggest it be relegated to 7.62mm ARs and gaming ARs, not for defense and duty.

Nice option to have the shorter shaft length. I usually knock a few hundredths off on the belt grinder to get the mag release height exactly where I want it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you :)

We've moved EMR-C to the AR10 section on our site. It seems a lot of folks like the looks of the EMR-C, though we go out of our way to discourage its use on a 223 AR receiver due to its installed height.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Nice option to have the shorter shaft length. I usually knock a few hundredths off on the belt grinder to get the mag release height exactly where I want it.
    Pretty high tech...I've just been using a piece of sandpaper and a cold-blue pen afterwards. Glad to see I'm not too far out in left field wanting a slightly recessed mag release.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha not at all. It is surprising that given all the tools of sharing and communicating, common sense approaches like this don't make it out more.

I thought we must be in the minority to think these extended mag releases are a terribly unbalanced solution, while it addresses one need, it creates a host of problems that didn't exist before.

The LP option for EMR-A can't fix the flaws of designs that place the mag button surface well above the mag release fence and render the fence useless in the process. It is meant to reduce the installed height of a TDP spec mag release button so it sits below the fence, in conjunction with a heavier mag catch spring, mitigate accidental / unintended mag drop risks.