Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rockingham County VA
    Posts
    689
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Strike industries G4 slide comp

    I know there is love and hate for SI, but is anyone using that new G4 slide comp they just came out with? It just looks big and cumbersome to me, but people seem to be eating it up on IG. When I first saw pre production pics a few months ago, I thought "wow that looks silly, nobody will want that" but I guess I was wrong.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    2,724
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    I know there is love and hate for SI, but is anyone using that new G4 slide comp they just came out with? It just looks big and cumbersome to me, but people seem to be eating it up on IG. When I first saw pre production pics a few months ago, I thought "wow that looks silly, nobody will want that" but I guess I was wrong.
    I've not seen or used one, but I've seen the video's and reviews. To my eyes,, it doesn't look as "big and cumbersome" as some of it's screw on cousins, but again, that could be perception from the way I'm viewing it.

    It almost looks like something I wouldn't mind trying but what got me from the slo-mo videos is that it doesn't really seem all that effective. I might keep my eyes open, when I can read some tests where someone knowledgeable really puts it through the wringer.

    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member



  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,672
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Be our WEVO tester! Get one and let us know!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,785
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I've never had a single strike industries product do what it was supposed to.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rockingham County VA
    Posts
    689
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    From what I've sort of noticed is the 'tacticool' crowd is eating it up. I watched a YouTube video or two awhile back and kind of felt the same, it didn't look terribly effective.

    To me, once I got a little more involved in playing with AR's, strike came off to me as very gimmicky and flashy over function.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,940
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I've never had a single strike industries product do what it was supposed to.
    Their ejector port door works pretty good. Other than that I have had the same experience as you :)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,785
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Their ejector port door works pretty good. Other than that I have had the same experience as you :)
    Mine didn't. It ate itself into replacement.

    I don't know how strike can maintain their business model other than with support of the mass stupidity​ which exists.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    2,724
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Mine didn't. It ate itself into replacement.

    I don't know how strike can maintain their business model other than with support of the mass stupidity​ which exists.
    So, I'm getting the feeling that SI is NOT your go to place for your weapon's needs?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •