Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got an e-mail about a new 1-8x24 Strike Eagle

Name:  18se.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  293.9 KB

Not much more info besides a $450 street price, it says it has a TRUE 1x, and has a new AR-BDC2 reticle

Appearing near the end of April, I believe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh, you knew a 1-8 Strike Eagle was just around the corner! It's amazing how these optics now exist when just a few years ago they were out of reach for the common shooter.

Kyle would be proud of that Anderson Lower on the ad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ahhh, you knew a 1-8 Strike Eagle was just around the corner! It's amazing how these optics now exist when just a few years ago they were out of reach for the common shooter.

Kyle would be proud of that Anderson Lower on the ad.
    Between the new PA 1-8 and now the 1-8 Strike Eagle, its putting things that used to be in the S&B Short Dot / Leupold MK8 $3500 range within reach, you are right.

I thought about the Anderson lower also lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    $450? Holy shit

Downloads
    Uploads
    Strike Eagle with Anderson lower.......pretty much says it all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonder if this is just a rebranded PA 1-8?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I think that's an interesting question. Or if it's just a natural progression for both companies. But a collaborative approach between these two companies might explain some of these recent gains in tech advancement+value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    That not everyone buys Noveske and Nightforce?

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're facebook video was pretty good. I assumed it was a strike eagle.

https://www.facebook.com/vortexoptic...5060252655758/
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post
    I think that's an interesting question. Or if it's just a natural progression for both companies. But a collaborative approach between these two companies might explain some of these recent gains in tech advancement+value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Without knowing for certain, but having a pretty good grasp on import optics, I would venture that they are both produced in the same factory or by the same manufacturer to their individual specs.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't you just post your made in China Protac on the Arisaka page?

Not really busting your chops though. I don't think there is an question the StrikeEagle Line is part budget line. However, for how much I spent on my 1-6 Strike Eagles I thought they were a really good value and decent glass. I knew what I was getting myself into.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew I would catch some crap.

I had a Strike Eagle for 2 days and personally it just felt cheap. The reticle was ok, but I hate them being fully illuminated and I'm moving away from BDCs altogether. The cheesy laser etching or whatever it is on the side seems to make it look even cheaper to me, and I can't believe they've basically replicated it on the gen2 PST line. The glass was 300$ glass so I can't really complain about that. The new reticle on the 1-8 looks even worse.

As far as the Protac, I decided I would try it because I was initially impatient waiting on the Arisaka lights to be restocked. I was looking for something a bit smaller than a Fury. I bought the Protac used off of Will. I don't like them at all as they feel cheap....so not impressed. Fortunately, I'm awaiting delivery of an Arisaka light to replace it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew I would catch some crap.

I had a Strike Eagle for 2 days and personally it just felt cheap. The reticle was ok, but I hate them being fully illuminated and I'm moving away from BDCs altogether. The cheesy laser etching or whatever it is on the side seems to make it look even cheaper to me, and I can't believe they've basically replicated it on the gen2 PST line. The glass was 300$ glass so I can't really complain about that. The new reticle on the 1-8 looks even worse.

As far as the Protac, I decided I would try it because I was initially impatient waiting on the Arisaka lights to be restocked. I was looking for something a bit smaller than a Fury. I bought the Protac used off of Will. I don't like them at all as they feel cheap....so not impressed. Fortunately, I'm awaiting delivery of an Arisaka light to replace it.
    I would agree with your assessment. Like I said, I knew what I was getting myself into, so a $300 optic I got for $200ish. It met my expectations at that price point. I think the Strike Eagles should have been $299. Anyhow, Vortex and PA own the lower end variable optic market. They're capitalizing on both people who don't have the money for upper end optics and people who shoot twice a year, so $300 is where it's at. A guy like you that uses his gear more, this optic does nothing for you.

I think originally what I was getting at, is just a few years ago 1-8 was unheard of at any price point. It's amazing to see that even if it's not the best, anyone can afford a 1-8 now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It's amazing to see that even if it's not the best, anyone can afford a 1-8 now.
    Anyone but ramen boy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Anyone but ramen boy.
    HAHAAAA!!