Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    I blame Stickman.....

When I was in 8th grade I saved up my money and did a ton of research, and while all my friends were buying Xbox's and PS3's, I bought my first AR. I remember spending countless hours looking through Stick's gallery trying to decide which parts to get and what I wanted mine to look like and I always wondered how he got the solid black/white backgrounds. So I followed his work for a long time and was always intrigued by product photography but figured it was way over my head. Then in Fall 2015 I read a post by him on a forum about a time when a company came to him the night before Shot Show with a product they were releasing and wanted him to take photos of it. He said he didn't have much to work with so he improvised and went into the bathroom and used the top of his MacBook as a background. That is definitely what inspired me to go ahead and get started with what I had on hand. All I've been using since I started is an old Canon Rebel XTI and some shop lights from Home Depot, and I'm glad I didn't start out with nice equipment because it has definitely forced me to work harder and become more creative. I doubt I would've gotten into photography if it weren't for Stickman, so Stick, if you're reading this - thank you.
    You're welcome.

Thanks for the kind words.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Humility. I like it LOL

Seriously though...I am no where near where I would want to be. I know people who have been shooting images 25 or 30 years or more who feel the same way as you do in regards to 'needs improvement'.

I do think you are a pretty good photographer. You definitely have a lot of subject matter to go after though in the way of product shots. (are you sure you're not a hoarder? LOL)

On a more serious note there are a number of people here (you included) who are extremely good at product photography.

I do it as a hobby too but so far I haven't gotten that into product shots just yet. That said between Stickman, you, James, Pyzik, and a whole bunch of people it has definitely piqued my interests.
    You make it sound like hoarding is a bad thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You make it sound like hoarding is a bad thing.
    I just have to balance my hoarding between firearms and ammunition. A room full of guns with no ammo=no bueno.

Many guns plus bountiful ammo= muy bueno.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I just have to balance my hoarding between firearms and ammunition. A room full of guns with no ammo=no bueno.

Many guns plus bountiful ammo= muy bueno.
    I just picked up 13, 900 round cases of real M855.