Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Reject

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I use aeroshell 33mm grease I got from umbrella corp years ago. Still have plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I have a tube that I got from somewhere for the purpose....just can't remember where. A little goes a long way

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can already see why this won't run. Stick is using a gas tube that's too short. Way to go !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I can already see why this won't run. Stick is using a gas tube that's too short. Way to go !
    Some people are more accurate with a single shot

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Some people are more accurate with a single shot
    I propose a nick change from Stickman to Ol' Gas Face.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for slacking, we should be able to get to some testing at distance pretty soon. This project isn't abandoned!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Sorry for slacking, we should be able to get to some testing at distance pretty soon. This project isn't abandoned!
    Am looking forward to this.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Minor update, the below is 5 rounds from 100 yards using 69 grain ammunition. I had a difficult time initially believing two stacked on top of each other, but it isn't the first time I've seen it. Shooting with 55 grain (also Gorilla Ammunition match), the group was slightly larger. I did fire other groups which met with similar results, but I had issues with wind and back splash taking down the target. It was one of those days where I really should have thrown up actual target stands, but was lazy and paid the price.

However, lazy or not, we are still looking at a filthy barrel pulling .99" groups, and while I seriously doubt I am shooting to the mechanical ability of the barrel, it doesn't change the barrel is meeting the magic 1" at 100 goal. While I am horribly tempted to super clean the barrel, that really isn't the purpose of this post. The idea was to see how the barrel shot in the condition it was returned. My thought is that the barrel as turned in, is the worst case scenario for how it shoots.

We are going to shoot again for groups and see how things go, but at this point I feel pretty confident saying the barrel is of good quality, and a decent shooter. The next update will be with actual target stands and (hopefully) no excuses. :-)

Name:  stick.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  219.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good shooting.

Factory loaded ammo?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Good shooting.

Factory loaded ammo?
    All factory ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With 20 rounds fired in four, 5 round groups, and an average MOA of .724, I think the results speak for themselves. Even with the fliers which were both called at time of pulling the trigger, the barrel is good to go.

Name:  tumblr_onymals8Zf1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  191.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few more barrels I am going to do this with which were also considered "reject" barrels. This one here is one of the better barrels I've shot when you figure group sizes. 3/4 MOA is impressive, and to touch a 1/2 MOA for me personally is better than I can recall in a very long time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I need a reject barrell awesome post will be staying tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always wondered how a barrel manufacturer can guarantee accuracy. I wish I had a buck every time I took a rifle from someone claiming it was junk and shot an acceptable group first time. Seems like 99.9% of the time it would be consumer error. Either assembly or ability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I've always wondered how a barrel manufacturer can guarantee accuracy. I wish I had a buck every time I took a rifle from someone claiming it was junk and shot an acceptable group first time. Seems like 99.9% of the time it would be consumer error. Either assembly or ability.
    Probably the reason I've ever read a John Noveske interview where he gave accuracy expectations for his barrels.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    It's calculated risk. They will eat the cost of "X" number of barrels per year, at the gain of selling "X" more product at "X" margin per year, as a result of their guarantee. It's like the membership I bought last week for Paul Mitchell Cosmetology. I get 1 year of my hair being cut and beard trimmed by students (who admittedly do a damn good job!) for $50. That's right. $50 for a year of hair and beard cut/trims, as often as I want. They sell these because likely, people will get 1-2 haircuts and then move/find another barber/whatever, and ultimately, it's a "win" for the school, but for a few people, like me, it's a killer deal and worth a mint. I still tip $10 per haircut like normal, but compared with Sport Clips, getting a haircut 2x per month (24 per year, at a cost of $30 including tip, per), I am saving $430/year.

It all depends on how you cut it, when it comes to "money back" and "bulk" sale/guarantees.