Thread: Atibal Sights

Downloads
    Uploads

Atibal Sights

Hey Guys,

I was offered an opportunity to essentially rep sights and scopes from Atibal. You may or may not have heard of them, but either way, they seem to be a good company. Their focus is to build the most quality scope possible for the most affordable price. I believe some scopes are China made and some are Japan made, but all QC is done in the USA. Scopes include a lifetime warranty.

Anyway, I have an Atibal MROC 3x32 on the way. Basically, this is a version of an ACOG with the chevron BDC reticle for 5.56. Note that the idea of this optic is to get an ACOG style sight at an affordable price (1/3 of the price). Please, let's not make this an ACOG ripoff battle.

So, this is where I'd like to hear some input from you guys. What would it take for you to try it? What would you like to see out of it? I plan to put this sight through hell. You guys surely have more rigorous uses for optics than I do. What signifies a true testing of an optic to prove its abilities and qualities?

I should note that I have a TA31H-R to compare to, but I am not going to thrash that right now, just saying.

Admins, I hope I'm not breaking rules here. Please let me know if I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if it's "this is a version of an ACOG" you'll likely get a lot of ACOG clone comments.

Traditionally, optics made in China that are built to copy existing higher end optics don't tend to do well and aren't held in high regard.

Pictures? Spec sheets?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the link to the page: MROC 3x32

I Just didn't want this to be a pissing match, and I totally understand the concern with quality control of Chinese manufactured optics. I thought it would be fun to "test" this to see if it could be a "poor man's ACOG". When I get it, I'll review it in comparison to an ACOG, but I'd also like to know what constitutes a realistic test for a budget optic. I think "torture tests" can be good, but some of those are just plain pointless.

Maybe a better question would be if people are even open to a new option for this style of optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's like the primary arms/vortex spitfire/Burris options then I'm sure it'll be decent for the price.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The FNG View Post
    My main issue is that you have a 18 minute video about the optic with no actual use of said optic. It may be great, but can I see it being great? Also, along with UWone...specs? Eye relief? If it's on par with an ACOG, it doesn't offer much more than the already known durability of an ACOG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The FNG View Post

I Just didn't want this to be a pissing match, and I totally understand the concern with quality control of Chinese manufactured optics. I thought it would be fun to "test" this to see if it could be a "poor man's ACOG". When I get it, I'll review it in comparison to an ACOG, but I'd also like to know what constitutes a realistic test for a budget optic. I think "torture tests" can be good, but some of those are just plain pointless.

Maybe a better question would be if people are even open to a new option for this style of optic.
    It's WEVO, don't think there will be too much pissing... until FT shows up at least.

Clearly there is an established market for lower priced optics. Primary Arms, Entry Level Vortex scopes have shown that.

I believe that fixed 4x optics are falling out of favor with most of us weekend shooters, and the market has shifted to variable powered optics. I think at that price point you're going against guys who are deciding between a proven Aimpoint PRO or Vortex Strikefires.

Do I want to see you beating up this optic and reporting back? Absolutely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about getting a T&E on the 1-8?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    My main issue is that you have a 18 minute video about the optic with no actual use of said optic. It may be great, but can I see it being great? Also, along with UWone...specs? Eye relief? If it's on par with an ACOG, it doesn't offer much more than the already known durability of an ACOG.
    So, I'm really not associated with them other than being "pro staff"...anyway, the reason they've reached out recently to shooters is to get their name out there more. I know about as much as you do about this optic and I've been asked to do reviews on their optics that I use. I got this optic because I have an ACOG and will be able to perform a side by side comparison (aside from an ACOG demolition).

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    How about getting a T&E on the 1-8?
    I'm working on getting one. I've read good things about it. Currently, they are doing a trade-in on all 16 optics for their 1-8 FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It's WEVO, don't think there will be too much pissing... until FT shows up at least.

Clearly there is an established market for lower priced optics. Primary Arms, Entry Level Vortex scopes have shown that.

I believe that fixed 4x optics are falling out of favor with most of us weekend shooters, and the market has shifted to variable powered optics. I think at that price point you're going against guys who are deciding between a proven Aimpoint PRO or Vortex Strikefires.

Do I want to see you beating up this optic and reporting back? Absolutely.
    Agreed. It's hard to get a newer product out with so many other proven optics in a similar price range. Help me decide how to proceed on the beating. Are there any industry standard tests?

Downloads
    Uploads

Little bit better video on the 1x8...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.