Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought some of the no-marring plastic vice clamps to put my upper together. It worked just fine. Got the job done no problem. That said I was also interested in possibly investing in a reaction rod.

This might be a completely stupid question but I will ask it anyway....

What prevents the upper itself from spinning on the rod? Specifically when tightening or loosening the barrel nut what prevents the upper from twisting as you tighten the barrel nut down?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Nice!! I need to get one but usually end up buying something else....
    I put my first rifle together with minimal tools that I had lying around from other things. It worked however I found myself (rigging) if you will to make them work. Also getting stuck in the roll pin because the punch was to small. I plan to do a few builds I have a lot of fun with it so I figured I should invest in some quality tools to do the job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I bought some of the no-marring plastic vice clamps to put my upper together. It worked just fine. Got the job done no problem. That said I was also interested in possibly investing in a reaction rod.

This might be a completely stupid question but I will ask it anyway....

What prevents the upper itself from spinning on the rod? Specifically when tightening or loosening the barrel nut what prevents the upper from twisting as you tighten the barrel nut down?
    The pin on your barrel that slides into the upper to keep the barrel lined up. When the reaction rod is in all the pressure is on the barrel not the upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't see it listed yet but a good set of roll pin holder punches are a must have.http://www.policestore.com/armorer-t...s-prod781.aspx
    Last edited by Stone; 15 November 2014 at 13:33.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMMzach View Post
    The pin on your barrel that slides into the upper to keep the barrel lined up. When the reaction rod is in all the pressure is on the barrel not the upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Didn't see it listed yet but a good set of roll pin holder punches are a must have.http://www.policestore.com/armorer-t...s-prod781.aspx
    Ah good one!