Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Supposed to be out soon. It's rumored to be an etched reticle that's parralax free, not sure how that works though.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    New pic from http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/

This pic shows the LCO and D-EVO combo. The setup is similar to having bifocal glasses. This setup is supposed to provide the user 1X to 6X views without changing cheek weld. The LCO is the RDS and the D-EVO provides the 6X magnification. The D-EVO has a close mid-range reticle with wind holds (CMR-W). MSRP for the combo is not cheap, $2999.99. MSRP for the D-EVO is $1874.99, and the LCO's pricing has not been released yet.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    "MSRP as a combo with the D-EVO and LCO is $2999.99. The D-EVO alone will MSRP for $1874.99; pricing on the LCO is MIA."

The LCO is interesting to me... The price is pretty crazy for the combo though

Downloads
    Uploads

The Leupold Carbine Optic (LCO) is a dream come true for carbine operators. The compact 1x red dot sight gives you natural, rapid target acquisition. The LCO’s 1-MOA Dot reticle has 16 brightness settings to let you find the exact intensity you need in any conditions. At its highest setting, the dot will shine bright in the middle of the day, and it is night vision compatible on lower settings. The manual push-button on/off switch with integrated brightness control puts all the power at your fingertips. Using a common CR123A 3v Lithium battery, the LCO has a battery life of up to 5 years. The machined aluminum body provides the utmost in durability and the ˝ MOA adjustments make sighting in fast and easy. The LCO is built for a lifetime of punishment and is backed by the Leupold Gold Ring Full Lifetime Guarantee.

Weight 9.4oz
    MSRP $1249.99

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scop...ine-optic-lco/
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played with the D-EVO at Shot today and I came away with a few thoughts.

It is awesome. They had a simulator that showed you how fast you can switch from the red dot to the 6x, and you almost don't think about it. All it takes is a 6 degree shift of yours between the two. However there are some drawbacks. The eye relief box is pretty small, and I felt like I had to chase it a few times as it is not very forgiving. Also I am left handed and I prefer to use the thumb over bore method and my hand blocked the view of the D-Evo.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking the D-EVO would be a no go for lefties.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ordered the D-evo LCO combination. Pretty psyched to give this a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by navyis2 View Post
    Just ordered the D-evo LCO combination. Pretty psyched to give this a try.
    Super eager to hear what you think of it!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I was thinking the D-EVO would be a no go for lefties.
    Agreed. I couldn't "see" it working for lefties, like me. I hope the right handed folks like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Super eager to hear what you think of it!
    I'll give a full rundown when I get it. I ordered through the .mil program so it can take up to 7 weeks to get stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Leupold has lost their way. It started with the overpriced gimmicky HAMR. Even at a severe discount their red dot will be several hundred more than a Aimpoint T-2. 3k for that combo? Take a S&B short dot and never look back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Leupold has lost their way. It started with the overpriced gimmicky HAMR. Even at a severe discount their red dot will be several hundred more than a Aimpoint T-2. 3k for that combo? Take a S&B short dot and never look back.
    The HAMR with the exception of the battery placement is a fantastic optic with glass right up there with the elcans. The D-EVO LCO combo is only $2300 from optics planet, which puts you at a high quality 6x and a high quality 1MOA dot with extremely small adjustments. When shooting 300+ yards a 2 moa or 4moa dot can be a big change from a 1moa. I think they are really on to something here, and it is refreshing to see something unique and dare i say cutting edge come out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure what I think which is why I'm eager to see some reviews. I've been thinking scope/offset irons, but the D-EVO paired with an Aimpoint Micro.... Uhh, maybe?

I guess I'm curious how this is really any different than an Acog piggybacking a red dot. Less head movement I guess.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I'm not sure what I think which is why I'm eager to see some reviews. I've been thinking scope/offset irons, but the D-EVO paired with an Aimpoint Micro.... Uhh, maybe?

I guess I'm curious how this is really any different than an Acog piggybacking a red dot. Less head movement I guess.
    No change in cheekweld. Smaller movement. And the biggest thing is the ability to actually cowitness the two when you get used to using it. From what I've been reading from Kyle lamb it seems to work like using a suppressed pistol without suppressor sights. By leaving both eyes open you are able to combine the two images and gain a highly magnified red dot with a ballistic reticle. Having shot both an acog with a RMR and a hamr with a delta point I can tell you the movement to the red dot on either one never really felt like a natural movement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    POV of LCO with D-EVO, pic from www.thefirearmblog.com.

Neat concept but you can get similar results with a throw of the lever on a Elcan Specterdr, and the Elcan is cheaper and lighter.
    flickr
    facebook