Page 246 of 248 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248 LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been buying a few tools here and there. I don't build a ton of ARs but when I do I need what I need. Also other routine maintenance can be substantially easier as well.

I bought a Real Avid Armorer's Master Vice and the Lug Lok Upper Vice Block for a total of $285 including shipping. Normal price for both items is right around $380 not including shipping. For both items it was basically over $100 off.

https://tacticalsurplususa.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the looks of those and have been tempted. Inline Fabrication makes a base plate for them for their QD bench system. The price is what holds me back given that I can generally do everything I need with my existing vice, barrel block, reaction rod, and delrin upper / lower blocks. Plus it does look a little anemic for torqueing / removing MDs, at least compared to my very stout 4" Wilton. The times I wish I had one of these are when I'm working on something besides an AR. If working on guns was an actual gig for me I'm sure I'd have one of these, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I like the looks of those and have been tempted. Inline Fabrication makes a base plate for them for their QD bench system. The price is what holds me back given that I can generally do everything I need with my existing vice, barrel block, reaction rod, and delrin upper / lower blocks. Plus it does look a little anemic for torqueing / removing MDs, at least compared to my very stout 4" Wilton. The times I wish I had one of these are when I'm working on something besides an AR. If working on guns was an actual gig for me I'm sure I'd have one of these, though.
    I am definitely going to get a plate from Inline. That's the original plan all along. I have a bunch of stuff from Inline. The QD mount, their wall organizer, etc. I like it a lot and it looks clean as can be. I will be buying more relatively soon.

The only vice I have now is in an outdoor work area where we weld or do other things. It can get messy/dirty out there in a hurry. This one will be indoors in my reloading room. It will also double as a cleaning station once I get this set up. I might even be able to use it for other things non gun related which would be an unrelated bonus. Also I don't have a reaction rod so that's a big upgrade from delrin upper blocks and 1/2 a roll of masking tape.

I read a bunch on the strength of this vice. If you look at the video above it has a solid pin that can hold it in place in various positions. According to the manufacturer it will hold up to 80 ft/lbs of torque when you use that pin. That's somewhere in the neighborhood of almost triple the torque specs on any muzzle device.

I also like that on the plastic jaws it has channels for barrels or whatever.

Yes these are expensive vs say a Harbor Freight generic vice, but it can do a bunch of other stuff that they can't. In my experience just buying a nice thing once has gotten me better results than buying something else then trying to upgrade...so I just splurged a bit. Also considering this will last me years and years, hopefully it will see a fair amount of use in not only firearms, but possibly other generic household use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's good to see that Surefire finally wised up and is providing what everyone has been wanting for a long time: 4 prong flash hiders

https://ar15discounts.com/products/s...dapter-1-2x28/

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's good to see that Surefire finally wised up and is providing what everyone has been wanting for a long time: 4 prong flash hiders

https://ar15discounts.com/products/s...dapter-1-2x28/
    People must have already gotten theirs, because that's still in stock and usually stuff like this wipes out quick such as ACRO P2's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    People must have already gotten theirs, because that's still in stock and usually stuff like this wipes out quick such as ACRO P2's.
    Yes, they started becoming available several months ago. Brownells had some that sold out quickly to the crowd that immediately listed them on gunbroker for twice as much. But, they've been trickling out pretty regularly so aren't too hard to find at normal prices anymore. I picked up a couple for my cloney rifles and am going with the closed tine for my SBRs that I plan on running suppressed most of the time and Warcomps on carbines that my be occasionally suppressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think people realized that 3 prongs are better.... and there's no reason to pay a premium for a 4 prong... unless you want to be clone correct.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, they started becoming available several months ago. Brownells had some that sold out quickly to the crowd that immediately listed them on gunbroker for twice as much. But, they've been trickling out pretty regularly so aren't too hard to find at normal prices anymore. I picked up a couple for my cloney rifles and am going with the closed tine for my SBRs that I plan on running suppressed most of the time and Warcomps on carbines that my be occasionally suppressed.
    Flippers are great for the guys that have to have it right now. They can keep their scalped side hustler parts IMO, but that's just me.

How's the accuracy with the 4 prong? I had a three and accuracy was iffy out of a CHF Geissele FN barrel. I went back to the closed tine shortly after. My guess is something happened to the harmonics. I heard the fours were better at this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think people realized that 3 prongs are better.... and there's no reason to pay a premium for a 4 prong... unless you want to be clone correct.
    In what way? The 3 being better than 4 aspect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyone could use an extra tourniquet or two. SOF Tourniquet (newest version) $25.50 (25% off), better yet get two and shipping is free for orders over $49.
    https://tacmedsolutions.com/products...40626596544711

Downloads
    Uploads
    In what way? The 3 being better than 4 aspect.
    my understanding and what you'll see repeated on many gun forums is that the 4-prong is just the older design that made it through the procurement system before SF came out with the 3 prong design which SF holds to be the better product. Hence UW's statement that the only real reason to get a 4 prong is if you want to clone. But the cloners were paying $200-$400 for these because they were hard to get since SF didn't sell them direct to the civilian market. I can't imagine there is much performance difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of SureFire and Deals, Primary Arms is having a great sale on SF SOCOM suppressors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who's the best vender online to go to for V7 parts? Specifically looking for their free floats with any anti rotation features that's both durable and lightweight?

Trying to nuke some weight off of my recce.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who's the best vender online to go to for V7 parts? Specifically looking for their free floats with any anti rotation features that's both durable and lightweight?

Trying to nuke some weight off of my recce.
    DVor has several V Seven handguards on sale right now. If you are not familiar, that is Optics Planet discount website. It's worth signing up for. https://www.dvor.com/v-seven-brand.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    my understanding and what you'll see repeated on many gun forums is that the 4-prong is just the older design that made it through the procurement system before SF came out with the 3 prong design which SF holds to be the better product. Hence UW's statement that the only real reason to get a 4 prong is if you want to clone. But the cloners were paying $200-$400 for these because they were hard to get since SF didn't sell them direct to the civilian market. I can't imagine there is much performance difference.
    The flash performance was documented by SF as being better with the three prong.

I've never read of accuracy degradation between the two, but I suppose it might be possible. I do have degraded accuracy when I shoot my Centurion Arms MK12 with my AEM5. When I take it off (or when it used to wear a SF can), the group closes up.