Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand they have to make money on development, but the price point for these chassis designs are ridiculous. If they would set a price point around $250-$300 they would sell a lot more and make more money. The average joe who wants to build something like this will have a hard time justifying this purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChetPunisher View Post
    I understand they have to make money on development, but the price point for these chassis designs are ridiculous. If they would set a price point around $250-$300 they would sell a lot more and make more money. The average joe who wants to build something like this will have a hard time justifying this purchase.
    Is that a typo? There's no possible way they could sell the Orias for $300.

I take that back. They could, but they'd be losing money. :)

It's not just materials cost and R&D involved in something like this. There's machine time, overhead, employee wages, etc. They're in business to make money, so it's priced accordingly.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am honestly very dissapointed with their pricing on this chassis. I would love to hear their justification for the pricing on these. Twice the price of a MDT LSS is insane. Almost identical chassis with the exception of the pointless MLOK or Keymod slots on the sides of the fore end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish it was in long action. Or maybe I should just hang up the old beast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I've had a lot of time with the Orias, as well as numerous other chassis systems including the AICS, AIAX, KRG, XLR, Manners, McMillan, Eliseo, APO, JAE, JP, Rock Solid, and probably a half dozen others I'm sure many of you haven't heard of, I'm going to chime in. You guys are looking at a price tag, which comparatively is not as bad as you think.

First, $800 is a standard fare for a quality stock. As a matter of fact, many stocks go well over $1K. Most shooters never use their stocks beyond a bench or basic hunting, so some of the features that are built into the rifle won't be appreciated. First, the butt stock and grip. Unlike some companies where you're stuck with their proprietary butt stock and/or grip, the Orias gives you the ability to pick what suits your needs and flavor, so you can get a PRS like what JP uses, an XLR if you prefer that style, or an ergo vs a MOE+, but you're not limited to just one option. Second, there are features such as the detachable NV mount, which unless you own NV you probably won't appreciate, nor will you recognize the benefit of being able to lighten the rifle by removing it which you can't do on some higher end chassis. Then you have the MLOK. For anyone who's run a bipod HARD, you know that keymods are NOT your friend. There's an ambidextrous magazine release that's WAY better than the standard DBM.

There's also something none of you know about because it hasn't been talked about much... a small removable barricade stop just in front of the magazine, which was designed into the rifle after Killer and Mega got with numerous competitors in LR competitions at the matches, and had many of us saying "F#$K YES!", since pushing up against the magazine has created numerous feed issues and many a hours wasted trying to dremel shit or come up with ways to overcome it. Also, the flat stock in front of the magazine, lol, I've seen PRS competitors literally cut down AI stocks to get that part flat, all the time asking why AI hasn't flipping gotten rid of that angle since anyone who's worked barricades or other obstacles knows, you want a flat surface.

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I agree they missed the mark on the pricing of this. With complete XLR Element chassis or the McRees chassis going for around $600 it's honestly not even a consideration at their price point. 1K+ by time a stock and buffer tube is added you are in AI territory.

I am honestly very dissapointed with their pricing on this chassis. I would love to hear their justification for the pricing on these. Twice the price of a MDT LSS is insane. Almost identical chassis with the exception of the pointless MLOK or Keymod slots on the sides of the fore end.
    For the very base models, and there are certain features you don't get with either of those that you get with the Orias. McRees are fine, but the XLR is hands down is better. I have to admit, I'm a big XLR fan. As for AI, yeah they're nice, but the AX 2.0 is $1100+, he AX MK II is $1500+, and their both heavy as shit. Plus, when you start adding certain options, the price goes up. If you're talking about the $850+ AICS 2.0, lol, there's a reason why Viper skins($150) are so popular. It's also very boxy, and many guys don't care for the feel behind it. The MDT LSS is not even remotely comparable. I could spend awhile going over everything that's wrong with it, but instead I'll just say go to any real PRS type competition, and tell me how many guys you see using it on the line. And if you're using NV or a sling properly, then those side slots aren't so useless anymore man.

Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    The Orias' self adjusting lug thingy is a neat feature but if your talking about mounting an action that's been worked/trued by a good gunsmith, it's not really going to do much.

The design of the removable back piece looks like they will eventually be able to develop a streamlined folding version, but who knows when that will be out... and I want my build done nowwww!!!!
    It means you don't have to bed the action, which even with a high end action like Defiance, still needs done on most other stocks including the ones with integrated DBM. As a matter of fact what makes some of the best smiths out there is their ability to properly bed the action and lug. Again, a feature that most will never appreciate, but anyone who has competed and seen numerous rifles with a trigger that went down, will appreciate when they can swap out the trigger quickly not having to re-zero the rifle again. As for the folder, you can use a Law Tactical adapter on it now, but in all the years I've shot comps, I almost never see anyone use their folder accept when flying, and even then when you see how TSA handles gear you'll think twice before folding it over and now having even less foam padding in-between. They really wanted to get a folder on it, but the demand outweighed timelines for release.

Quote Originally Posted by ChetPunisher View Post
    Lol.... You're

So, again, there are features many of you guys probably won't at first glance appear to need, and as a result it won't reflect your wants enough to justify the price. But, the more you get into certain aspects, the more you'll appreciate the details and quality that are synonymous with Killer Innovations and Mega Arms. It's a new product, and like anything else it will grow and develop and then eventually become more affordable. If anyone has any questions about stocks please feel free to hit me up on FB or here, but give me a little bit since my school schedule keeps me occupied, so I don't comment much anymore on forums. I enjoy talking about long range equipment though, since it's more my bread and butter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    I wish it was in long action. Or maybe I should just hang up the old beast.
    LA have their place. But in the market they're trying to target first, the SA are more preferred. They'll eventually have an LA out, but if you need one sooner I would look at XLR Industries or PDC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My 7mm Mag is getting long in the tooth. Don't really need the power anyways. I would probably be better off moving to a SA anyways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    My 7mm Mag is getting long in the tooth. Don't really need the power anyways. I would probably be better off moving to a SA anyways.
    7mm Rem Mags have their place, so don't discount it based upon what I said, as that was not my intention. If you like your 7mm, just check out the companies I mentioned or wait for Mega/Killer to produce a LA.