Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LANTAC E-BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Big thread about NiBx vs. Nitride vs. Phosphate vs. whatever else on M4C atm...

Nobody mentions that most of the crap wipes off the bolt with a shop rag on the NiBx coated part, vs. scraping, cursing, dogma, etc...

Somebody looked at one under a microscope... a microscope. And they saw PITS!! The HORROR!! :D Diamonds have pits if you stare hard enough. And they don't shave for a week. :D
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

LANTAC E-BCG

I'm quite satisfied with quality nitride as well as phosphate when you understand its limitations.

Nitride as a process, particularly the ones coming from Fathom, have been flawless and have impressed the hell outta me after being a jaded milspec guy forever. However I'm not myopic and ordered a NIB bcg from Rainer for the wevo kitty build. I'm excited to beat on it too :D

Last edited by DutyUse; 5 October 2015 at 17:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://robarguns.com/blog/2013/08/2...-nickel-boron/

This has matched my experience with nickel boron finishes. Some people like them, cool, ymmv, I just am not enamored with them since usually to put on a finish I do like, I have to get the Nib stripped, I am hoping I can get one without. It can't be that hard to pull a plain metal one off the line to ship it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Lantac does not have a typical NIB, it is what they call EXO coated, it is pretty different from typical NIB. I can take out the Lantac after a few hundred rounds and most of the grime deposits on my glove just from handling it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    The Lantac does not have a typical NIB, it is what they call EXO coated, it is pretty different from typical NIB. I can take out the Lantac after a few hundred rounds and most of the grime deposits on my glove just from handling it.
    Yeah, I don't know exactly what process constitutes EXO coated, but it's obviously not your standard cheapo $99 NiB carrier you get just anywhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will be interesting to see what you think of the Fathom enhanced bcg compared to the Lantac. I wanted to try one but the price tag kinda turned me off. Though it could be worth it if you just wanted to buy a solid dependable BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Will be interesting to see what you think of the Fathom enhanced bcg compared to the Lantac. I wanted to try one but the price tag kinda turned me off. Though it could be worth it if you just wanted to buy a solid dependable BCG
    I kinda want a Lantac but I'll stick with Fathom Arms!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm actually probably going to go with a Fathom E-BCG for the wevo kitty build. Wish I could find one with the original markings though when I decide to purchase one. I'll compare the two when I get the build finished.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm actually probably going to go with a Fathom E-BCG for the wevo kitty build. Wish I could find one with the original markings though when I decide to purchase one. I'll compare the two when I get the build finished.
    I saw today on IG they may have a few left. Worth an email to check and see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I saw today on IG they may have a few left. Worth an email to check and see.
    I would jump on that, but gun budget is already over this month and it's only the 7th lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would jump on that, but gun budget is already over this month and it's only the 7th lol.
    How well I know that this month. The getaway for the 5 year anniversary this weekend isn't helping lol

Downloads
    Uploads

LANTAC E-BCG

They are super nice you wouldn't be disappointed. I'm a fan of both logos, if you end up getting an enhanced with the new logo I'll swap you for my original if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    How well I know that this month. The getaway for the 5 year anniversary this weekend isn't helping lol
    Congrats! Our 3rd anniversary was yesterday 10/6. Goes by quick!
    Last edited by DutyUse; 7 October 2015 at 16:11.

Downloads
    Uploads

LANTAC E-BCG

Congrats! Our 3rd anniversary was yesterday 6/10. Goes by quick!
    Thanks! She made it easy for me... 10/10/10

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! Our 3rd anniversary was yesterday 6/10. Goes by quick!
    Are you from the EU?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Are you from the EU?
    Not anymore, I did some highschool in Manchester England & Brussels Belgium tho in 2001 Sorry typo.. Fixed!