Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Unless you just like how it looks, there's no real reason to use the Surefire brakes. They are one of the worst at recoil reduction:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/0...-muzzle-brake/

I realize this thread is for the warcomp, but it's going to have even less recoil mitigation than the full brake. If you want flash suppression, it's kind of hard to beat a $10 A2 birdcage.

The only reason I'd use a surefire muzzle device is if I had a suppressor, like UWone77 said.
    Have you shot the Warcomp? Less flash than an A2 by a notable amount, and yes, it certainly tamed muzzle rise as compared to a bare muzzle in my testing. No, I don't have fancy numbers to prove it, but I do have "seat of the pants feel", and slow-motion video footage that I took which agrees with what I was experiencing while shooting it. Concussion is much less than something like the Lantac, as well. Is it as effective at recoil mitigation? Certainly not, but it does a great job keeping the weapon flat, and the level of flash reduction is unreal for what is also an effective comp.
    Last edited by JGifford; 18 July 2015 at 01:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    What I do find interesting about that article is that it also says that their suppressor has about the same amount of "average" recoil (of various flavors) as the SF brake. I don't find that to be the case with .308 at all. Both with a Thunderbeast and on a SF, I've found the can has noticeably less impulse than without, both on gas and bolt guns. I'm thinking the "reduction in overall momentum" they measured is the more recognizable force, since that's the one that's lower with the can they tested.
    A suppressor is roughly a 1# weight hanging on the end of the barrel. Its going to keep the muzzle down somewhat by the laws of physics alone, and more linear recoil is perceived as lesser. Also, as you note, mass/momentum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Now shipping to dealers.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa