Downloads
    Uploads

TA11 or 2.5-10x Accupoint

Hi, New to the board,
    I've been dead set on a TA11H-G for months now, but have been recently considering the 2.5-10x Accupoint. I've been using a cheap 3-9x until I can afford the real optic, and am begining to like the adjustability and higher magnification potential.
    It's going on a 16" Noveske Light Recce, w/VIS. The clarity in the TA11 is what grabs me the most. A friend said it best, "it feels like you're inside of it," when lookiing through it, which I totally agree with.

I'd love to hear other peoples opinion on the comparisons between the 2 scopes. I know there are better 2.5-10x's available, but the accupoint is basically the same price as the ACOG after buying a nice set of rings.

Thanks

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...&mid=2.5-10x56

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc....php?pid=TA11H
    Last edited by PowerViolence; 27 May 2011 at 12:48.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are you using the AR for? Do you need magnification? If you already have a cheap 3x9, why not keep that and get an ACOG. I'd also recommend checking into the TA33 G-H. I've tried the TA41, TA11, and the TA33 and prefer the TA33 G-H over the others. Plus it is cheaper. I've also gone back and forth and wasted thousands of dollars on different optics to find the perfect one. You aren't going to find it. It is best to get a couple of different optics in QD mounts and switch off the optics for different uses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I built this for classes and training. I inted to use this with a T-1 at 1 o'clock as well fwiw. The current 3-9 is so pitiful, it doesn't belong on such a nice gun. I bought it for my first AR which was a varmit gun and just needed something to aim with, but a good option none the less. The more I think about it, it seems more practicle to practice at around 300+ yards with this barrel. Too long for CQB, I have other options for home defence.
    As ridiculus as it sounds, I spent all day drooling over the US Optics ST-6 fixed 6x, so I've got more to consider now.

http://www.usoptics.com/product.php?partnumber=ST-0600

So to better answer your question, I will be able to remove the primary optic and pop the T-1 on top for carbine classes, so the primary optic should be optimized for the effective range of the barrel. I do plan on building a bolt gun and/or AR variant in 308, so getting all three (or something else) eventually (not this year) will probably happen. I guess it's just down to which one I get first.

Thank you Paulo for your response,
    If it were your gun, what would you choose, and why?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go with the TA33 G-H or an EOTech with 3xMagnifier. I have both and know how good they are from 0-300 yards for man sized targets. For an affordable 3x9, I'd ceck out the SWFA Variable Super Sniper, which I also had and wish I had never sold,