Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Releases M-LOK

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if this means no keymod acessories from Magpul?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I wonder if this means no keymod acessories from Magpul?
    It would appear that way. I would think they'd be promoting their own M-LOK system, rather than competing with themselves, manufacturing rail, M-LOK and K-Mod. Maybe someone with "insider" info might give us a hint to the truth, though..?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, I've read elsewhere that Keymod doesn't work well with Magpul's polymer hand guards, and so Magpul has no plans to make Keymod accessories.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty certain that they will still be supporting picatinny rails for a very long time, just due to the sheer numbers of those rail systems that are and will be in use for a very long time.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RichFitz View Post
    We have been using our own standard since 2007. The MOE accessory market is measured in millions where the keymod is measured in the tens of thousands.

M-LOK is backwards compatible with MOE accessories and is more versatile and easier to manufacture than either MOE slots or Keymod.

M-LOK just updates the MOE standard with a TDP that is open to all manufactures and was designed from the outset to be utilized on metal, polymer or carbon fiber mounting surfaces.

Here are a few M-LOK advantages over Keymod off the top of my head

M-LOK works over a wider material thickness range than Keymod.
    M-LOK uses a flat nut that is suitable for polymer, metal and carbon fiber mounting surfaces.
    M-LOK is a true direct attach system so a line of accessories mounted next to each other do not need to be slid off to remove just one piece.
    M-LOK has better recoil/impact support than Keymod.
    M-LOK uses a larger bolt and has greater direct surface contact than Keymod resulting is greater pull out strength (a single MLOK mount exceeds 300 lbs in all materials)
    M-LOK accessories are multi directional (can be mounted forward or backwards).
    M-LOK has a uniform internal edge that can be generously chamfered allowing a better feel on the hand than Keymods 45 degree under cuts.
    M-LOK can use any of the millions of MOE accessories already fielded via an adapter plate.
    M-LOK slots are much lower cost to manufacture than Keymod resulting in lower cost to consumers.
    M-LOK nuts are much lower cost to manufacture than Keymod resulting in lower cost to consumers.
    M-LOK bolts are commonly available (user replaceable) and allow more torque to be applied than Keymod.
    M-LOK slots requires no special CNC cutters or complex injection molds to manufacture an undercut like Keymod resulting in lower cost to consumers.

Keymod does allow for a slightly lower QD mount than MLOK and is almost flush on the inside of the tube (that might affect those mounting suppressors internally within a small freefloat handguard)
    Saw this somewhere else.