Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully, to save others grief, they'll include them with their trigger kits.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 23 February 2014 at 18:52.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT have your anti-rotation pins come in yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    FT have your anti-rotation pins come in yet?
    Yes, and installed. Problem solved. Everything is here, just waiting for a KM front QD sling swivel from Knights Armament. Also trying to decide between LaRue, or American Defense mount for the Aimpoint PRO, but for now I'll just use the supplied mount. Would also like to have the BCM panel kit, but sold out with no ETA. Basically, it's finished. Just need to run a patch or two down the new barrel, hit a few points with some lube, and go to the range and test it out.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good, have you considered the Bobro mount?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Sounds good, have you considered the Bobro mount?
    I did, consider a few options, have had great luck with Amer. Defense, and have ordered one, since last post.
    Thanks,
    FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Also trying to decide between LaRue, or American Defense mount for the Aimpoint PRO, but for now I'll just use the supplied mount.
    You can save yourself about $110-$160 by using the supplied QRP II mount. Have you tried it yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You can save yourself about $110-$160 by using the supplied QRP II mount. Have you tried it yet?
    Yes, Eric, I have. I do like it, but am not 100% sold on it. I've had problems in the past with another changing POI. The problem was intermittent and never did figure out what went wrong. Don't know if this one will do the same, but I went ahead and just got the American Defense. I have a CompML2 mounted with the AD, on another rifle and like the slim profile, low weight, non-bulky look and feel of the AD. Also considered the LaRue L-150, but the AD has served me well, remained stable and reliable as far as point of aim, so I went with that. Looked at a couple of others also, but decided to go with what has worked for me before.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Yes, Eric, I have. I do like it, but am not 100% sold on it. I've had problems in the past with another changing POI. The problem was intermittent and never did figure out what went wrong. Don't know if this one will do the same, but I went ahead and just got the American Defense. I have a CompML2 mounted with the AD, on another rifle and like the slim profile, low weight, non-bulky look and feel of the AD. Also considered the LaRue L-150, but the AD has served me well, remained stable and reliable as far as point of aim, so I went with that. Looked at a couple of others also, but decided to go with what has worked for me before.

FT
    I actually had the same issue with a PRO mount (the other one I own has been problem free), but it was also inconsistent in its "issue." I eventually ended up grabbing a LT-150, in part because it allowed a little more rail space and also because I got it used and it wasn't much more than the AD mount. If I need/want another mount for my other PRO, I'll probably try the AD mount since it's cheaper than the Larue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes three, now. Went to a friends shop today to look at his Aimpoint set-up. (By then I had already purchased the American Defense Mount). He uses LaRue mounts, but I had never thought to ask him why. Same thing, quirky results with the Aimpoint mount. I suspect that, the way that you mount it (the Aimpoint) has a lot to do with how you hold your jaw, when you mount it. I do see Aimpoints all the time with other makers mounts. Go figure.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 27 February 2014 at 20:14.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT this is purely me giving you a good rib'n... CMC now ships their triggers with their own anti-walk pins included in the package. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    FT this is purely me giving you a good rib'n... CMC now ships their triggers with their own anti-walk pins included in the package. :)
    Yes, I saw that..maybe they did that just so they don't have to listen to me complain anymore
    NRA Life Member