Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally I'm not a fan of super busy roll marks, but this one looks pretty nice. Probably because it's laser engraved rather than an actual roll mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Normally I'm not a fan of super busy roll marks, but this one looks pretty nice. Probably because it's laser engraved rather than an actual roll mark
    Do lasers go that deep? I thought it looked like regular engraving. I don't know much about the subject though. Anyone else know for sure?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Battle Arms has said this is a laser engraved logo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, learn something new. I didn't know lasers were capable of that kind of engraving.

I hope to stumble on one of these lowers locally.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I prefer as simple a logo/rollmark as possible but this one is just sharp. Too perfect and, i'd wager to say, impossible to replicate on cnc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought this BAD receiver based on what I suspect is going to end up being superior engineering and attention to quality, as well as price and availability, things that I perceive as being lacking in my heretofore go-to manufacturer these days. That, and the Rainier upper receiver and BCG that I recently won here. Checking my SPAM box, the BAD lower is being delivered to my LGS on Monday. I confess I don't really have a purpose for the build yet. My original thought was some kind of SPR for 3-gun, but the local 3-gun organization is kind of collapsing around here, so I will probably just go ahead and send in a Form 1 so I can have maximum flexibility.

My experience with BAD has been stellar, in design, engineering, and customer service. I see that the receiver should be delivered Monday. Still not sure about a barrel or an FCG yet, but I do know what I'm going to do about a safety selector.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW what endplate is that?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    UW what endplate is that?
    GOST,

That's a Gear Sector End Plate. Had to use a different end plate as either the receiver or the mil-spec end plate I attempted to use with my kit was out of spec. Just eyeballing it, it appears that the hole in the BAD receiver is more circular than oval, so some end plates may need to be tapped in with a rubber mallet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks UW. Speaking of Gear Sector, where's that handguard?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do I understand correctly that this BAD lower is compatible with the BAD ASS-ST 45 degree selector without modifying the receiver?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Do I understand correctly that this BAD lower is compatible with the BAD ASS-ST 45 degree selector without modifying the receiver?
    That's correct. Has the cutout for the 45 degree selector. The 45 degree is going away of the dinosaur, I can't remember, but they're going to go 50-60 degree selectors later this year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Good tip. Guess I'll go with the ol' standby. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it true that the 45 degree selector is going away do to it's compatibility with some triggers like the TTU?
    flickr
    facebook