Downloads
    Uploads

BCM KMR or red dot first

I currently have two ARs and only one red dot, a aimpoint ml3.

I'm trying to decide if I want to add a 9" KMR rail to my new lw BCM middy or if I want to get the new meprolight tru dot rds for it.

I have also considered just taking the aimpoint off my spikes middy and scoping it (already have a nikon 3x32 for it) and making the BCM my go to rifle.

Spikes

BCM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I'd get the RDS first. For me it makes the gun so much more "shootable". The benefits of the RDS outweigh the benefits of a new rail, now.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    RDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another reason I want that KMR is because it would make the BCM under 6lbs unloaded.

The aimpoint will likely end up on the BCM either way since the mepro is still unproven (to me).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SickMAK90 View Post
    Another reason I want that KMR is because it would make the BCM under 6lbs unloaded.

The aimpoint will likely end up on the BCM either way since the mepro is still unproven (to me).
    Then go the other route. Put the Aimpoint on the BCM, get the rail for it now and get the scope for the spike's down the road.

I'm wanting to do something similar. My cheapo (but surprisingly decent) currently on my carbine will go to my pistol and I am considering a 4x for my carbine.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went ahead and canceled the order for the mepro. I may eventually get one but for now I want to finish my BCM and give the mepro time to be "proven".