Downloads
    Uploads

Adams Arms MAP Decrease

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Adams Arms dropped the MAP pricing on their piston kits. Now starting at $279

Downloads
    Uploads
    it is hard justifying not getting one at that price. is there any particular reason for the price drop? are they getting negative feedback on the product?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeky73 View Post
    it is hard justifying not getting one at that price. is there any particular reason for the price drop? are they getting negative feedback on the product?

There had been no negative comments that I've heard, and there has been a lot of positive feedback from people within the industry. I think that as they have ramped up production, they are able to do better pricing in volume.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess there were many small dealers buying from distributors and not abiding by Adams Arms MAP policies so instead of enforcing MAP, they lowered their MAP. They didn't lower their cost for us dealers so we are just making less. I'm sure you can tell where I stand on this issue but for now, it's a great deal for the customer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the price has come down because they have really taken off. Their system is OEM on several other manufacturer's piston rifles and uppers. Their success is what has allowed them to drop their prices some.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, it is a fantastic price, probably enough to push me in that direction. hope the price holds for a few months :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they did not lower their price to their dealers then it has nothing to do with economies of scale or passing along cost savings. They are just reacting to the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went ahead and ordered it. Don't even have a barrel to put it on yet, but I have been eying that setup for over a year now, and I am snatching it up before something changes. Should be here friday :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    i just went ahead an ordered a whole AA upper from Rainier.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought my like 2 weeks ago and i paid 379.00 from adam arms kinda bummer

Downloads
    Uploads
    ouchies...I feel ya, I almost bought the thing many times before, so I could have easily been in your shoes there. Matter of fact, I could be wrong here but I want to say that they used to be more than $379 when they were first released, so I would feel really bad for anyone who bought one back then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IIRC, they used to be around $500. Then the carrier was introduced and they were limited availability and had to be purchased seperately.