Thread: Forum issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Forum issues

Just thought I'd pass this along as a data point and you guys can do with it what you will.

The last two or three days, I've had issues where, while I'm reading the forums and basically making a thread "read" by me, I'll then hit the "What's New" button, and the same bunch of threads will be marked as unread and start me over from the beginning. What's weird is they don't ever reset during my session AND it's not all threads, but just random ones.

This seems to be a new occurrence, and I can't completely discount FF being the issue, but thought I'd pass it along.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're using a computer, run a malware scan on it first and see if that clears the problem up. Malwarebytes is what you want to download and run for that - and it's free. Just don't enable the free trial at the end of the installation. Uncheck that box.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good call. https://www.malwarebytes.org/. I've used it to salvage a couple systems that were infected with bogus anti-virus malware programs. Even if it's not the problem, it does not hurt to run it weekly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not a specific computer problem, as I've had it happen at work on IE, as well. It seems to be a forum-specific issue, as it doesn't happen on other vBulletin sites. It's like it forgets I just read several threads (but not ALL the threads I've read).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    It's not a specific computer problem, as I've had it happen at work on IE, as well. It seems to be a forum-specific issue, as it doesn't happen on other vBulletin sites. It's like it forgets I just read several threads (but not ALL the threads I've read).
    I've had exactly the same thing happen to me on this forum several times. And then the issue seems to go away, and pops up again another time. Definitely not a "malware" issue. Just seems like a glitch here.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper