NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

How to give a rifle an identity crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Jerry I saw a pic you posted a couple years ago of an AR with that same grip. Being the curious sort, I scoured the internet trying to find one, just to SEE. I did eventually find one somewhere and ordered it. I must say that after installation the rifle felt very... confused...

Pretty sure I still have it laying around somewhere, but haven't used it since.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

what color are the receivers? FDE furniture? Im totally into this and would like to dupe the color combo on my 6.8 build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksenter View Post
    what color are the receivers? FDE furniture? Im totally into this and would like to dupe the color combo on my 6.8 build.
    FDE Furniture, and Nickel Boron Coated Receivers. I'm planning to send another set off to get coated soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Jerry I saw a pic you posted a couple years ago of an AR with that same grip. Being the curious sort, I scoured the internet trying to find one, just to SEE. I did eventually find one somewhere and ordered it. I must say that after installation the rifle felt very... confused...

LOL - I definitely understand. I built that carbine in the '70's when, as an FFL, I could buy "an AR in a bag" from SGW for $459. I was really into revolvers then and the Pachmayr's felt "natural". I dressed the old girl up a little since then but kept the pistol grip.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by RowlandP; 12 August 2014 at 17:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RowlandP View Post

Excellent collection!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post

As the son of said dealer from the 70's I never could "grasp" the use of that grip, and have tried and tried to get him to remove it :D

I will say, I'm curious to the grip angle of it now, with the Stark, Umbrella Corp, and BCE modified grips to see how close it may actually be....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had no issue with the grip angle, just that it gave my AR a complex. I kinda liked the feel of Pachmayrs decelerator material, but that was about it. I run Umbrella Corp grips now. Maybe eventually I'll try BCM's new wider grip and see how they compare.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my gun in its current state... Pardon the curtains and picture quality. I definitely took these with my phone.

Added since last update: HSP Thorntail, Noveske Extended Takedown Pins, and a Vltor A5 Recoil System. Added the rail covers back because the gasblock was making the rail a bit hot around where I grip it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well since this guy posted a cmr ill throw mine up with phone picture quality. This is my first build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing wrong with the iPhone pics. In fact there are a couple of apps out there that can help you improve your camera pictures if you look around. Camera Phone pic is better than none at all! Thanks for sharing gents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Nothing wrong with the iPhone pics. In fact there are a couple of apps out there that can help you improve your camera pictures if you look around. Camera Phone pic is better than none at all! Thanks for sharing gents.

When I had my iPhone I used an app called Pro HDR. All of my pictures are taken on a phone. Soon I will own a decent digital slr.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.