Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who built this Mk18? :)
    Last edited by Duffy; 9 July 2012 at 14:10.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're showing up everywhere, Duffy. I know you can't find any of my lowers without a Battle Arms Development selector.

Seekins Precision... by Triple Bravo, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe thanks Bill! :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duffy I got one of your 2-lever kits from Rainier, and found I like the short lever on the left side of the receiver and nothing on the right.

Just saw on your website that endcaps are available, if I send in a brand new standard lever would you be willing to exchange it?

If not no big deal, I don't really care if I have a slot in my selector.

You guys should offer single lever kits that include an end cap - I'd buy more of these for sure, but don't want/need ambi levers on my other rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AR10, sorry about the late reply. Please send me an email with your shipping address, I will send you an end cap.

We will have a two lever kit option soon, or rather, two attachment option as the cap is counted as an attachment :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-10 View Post

You guys should offer single lever kits that include an end cap - I'd buy more of these for sure, but don't want/need ambi levers on my other rifles.

You can see in some of my images that I use the BAD with nothing on the "off" side. I look at it as much more than just an ambi safety, I look at it is a great safety in general, and the ambi is just a plus if you need it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed Stick, and thanks Duffy!

They really are nice selectors, I will be buying more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Stick!
    The end cap has a story of its own. As originally developed, there was no talks or plans of making an end cap. It was during the development of the BAD-CASS-3P (dovetailed, M16 selector) that Remington passed along the request to make it an option.

As designed, our selectors had always been meant for ambidextrous operation, an end cap makes the selector a single lever selector, except with the following differences that set ours apart from a factory, single lever selector:

1. Being modular on both sides, it's now a rapidly reversible (left or right lever only) selector without the removal of the pistol grip, detent and detent spring.

2. It is a convertible (single lever, or dual levers) selector

3. Even as a single lever selector, the user still benefits from the billet construction, tighter tolerances, smooth rotation and positive detent engagement.

The inclusion of the cap will raise prices, the cap costs as much to produce as a lever, and with the lever exchange program, folks that want one can exchange a lever for it for free, and for those that don't need it, they're not paying extra for something they'll just leave in the bin :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you 8541 Tactical for the high quality video review :D

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to stop coming out with new levers, I just saw the crank and now I must have one.

Thanks again for the end cap, it showed up yesterday:

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are no new levers on the horizon, after the 7th lever (short hybrid) comes out, that is
    Short crank is the 8th lever, the production schedule got turned around somehow...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Information about the gen 2 BAD-ASS-ST and BAD-CASS-ST has been posted here and there, so here's the complete and long version.

For the last couple of years, we had dealt with few compatibility issues with the 45 degree, short throw selector. Mainly, it has problems with Wilson’s excellent TTU family of triggers. The problem isn’t universal on all TTU triggers, but enough for us to look for a solution. Among many aftermarket triggers, the TTUs are the only ones we’re aware of that exhibit incompatibility issues, it is a very small percentage.

The incompatibility with TTUs is one of the reasons behind BAD-ASS-ST’s revision. But before reports of TTU’s incompatibility, we had already begun to study the 50 degree throw.

The other reason is one that started our move to 50 degree:

When the detent is engaged in the selector’s detent holes, there’s a minor play, you can rotate the lever back and forth for a few degrees. This play is unavoidable, for the detent to seat in the detent holes, the holes must be slightly larger than the detent itself.

On a 90 degree, standard throw selector, this movement is insignificant. On a 45 degree selector, 2 to 3 degree of movement between SAFE and FIRE is far more noticeable.

From March of 2012, the redesigned detent groove depth, shoulder, and smaller detent holes on all the production selector centers have done a great job minimizing the play in the detent holes. The 5 degree increase helps make the play less noticeable.

The 50 degree short throw selector will still have the “lawyer pin”, as even at 50 degree, the pointer groove doesn’t point to the word FIRE, the letter F, or the pictogram.

Production units starting from December of 2012 will also feature a slightly smaller diameter in the center flat section to increase compatibility with aftermarket triggers.

The 50 degree short throw selector will first make its appearance in the BAD-ASS-ST format (non-dovetailed). The BAD-CASS-ST (dovetailed) will be produced in 50 degree throw as soon as existing inventory of 45 degree units are exhausted.

Lastly, the newest member of the short throw family is the short throw M16, 0-50-180 selector, scheduled to debut early next year. Stay tuned :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duffy, the mods here need more of your product. Stickman won't share :D