Downloads
    Uploads

Lantac enhanced BCG vs Sharps Balanced BCG

Anyone have any experience with these? I watched a review video on the sharps and came away impressed.... It really demonstrated how they moved the weight down and increased contact patches to reduce wear

Sharps:
    S7 steel
    reliabolt
    NP3 (is better than NiB) supposedly has teflon all the way through
    "balanced" design
    increased contact points

Lantac:
    standard 8620 steel
    rounded cam pin
    NiB (but patented with lower CoF)
    better gas ports
    +$80 over sharps

i just want whichever would shoot smoother/better finish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of gun are you going to put this in?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cryptic Coatings Black Mystic over both. I have 20K+ through one which I will be writing an updated review shortly and its damn black magic how well it's held up and easy to clean. The CVD process is superior to both NP3 and NiB.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Cryptic Coatings Black Mystic over both. I have 20K+ through one which I will be writing an updated review shortly and its damn black magic how well it's held up and easy to clean. The CVD process is superior to both NP3 and NiB.
    I'm still waiting for their production to come back online so I can order their titanium BCG.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's going in a Noveske 14.5" pinned upper. Ill check out the Mystic. Why do you say it's better?

That titanium bolt is seeeeeeeeeeeexyyyy and $$$$$$$$$$$!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just checked out the mystic and read some reviews. The coating seems really great, i just hate that there is nothing new about the BCG like the sharps or lantac. I think Im going to give the lantac a try but i cant find anyone running it really besides youtube vids.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kopis you may want to checkout this thread and get a hold of Schambers.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ghlight=lantac
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good thread, thanks! Most BCGs are around $190-220 with the higher end ones running $260-300 (salient). My gun is tungsten gray with black accents so i feel the lantac plays to that as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite manufacturer/builder/whatever you want to call them uses a QPQ BCG. However, that being said, I am still very loath to not drop a Colt BCG in my Hodge Defense MOD 2 when it arrives.

Why?

Because I know the C158/Phosphate works, and works well.
    Because the BCG PiP was shut down early because it destroyed every other entrant. Including all the NiB and others.

That said...the new QPQ BCG's...I have not heard of any having issues except RCA's, due to dimensional problems (I had these issues). I have seen and owned some that have peened lugs, though. I question the viability of QPQ as a heat-treat process. However, some have said that even mil-spec BCG's peen...but the one I replaced the RCA BCG with didn't. Hmmm...so I don't know.

But I DO KNOW that a Colt BCG is going to work. And work well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're gonna drop $2695 on a rifle and change out the BCG?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You're gonna drop $2695 on a rifle and change out the BCG?
    Ha, touche. Just the upper is noveske. Spikes Jolly Roger Lower with Parlay, Plunder, ARGH markings, Minimalist stock. Reeeaaally like the upper though, it's super light but GD is that battlecomp loud.

I ended up finding a lantac for $229... Should be in next week, Ill post some pics of it installed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let us know what you think of it.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do. I have a salient BCG in my pistol. Not overly impressed. The finish is really nice but the machined gas key is a problem that didnt need fixing. It runs good though. Ill be honest, i was mainly going for looks.

I like the innovation that lantac employed... We'll see about their new NiB finish. Supposedly it's has more lubricity than regular NiB. I dont know if it's all the way through the finish like NP3.