Downloads
    Uploads

NEW T3 Compensator from 2A Armament

Haven't seen one of these yet, but another option.

http://www.2a-arms.com/our-products/20-t3-compensator
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    2A stuff in-stock here for those who want to give it a try:

http://www.hawktecharms.com/SearchRe...fg=2A+Armament
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone seen a review on this yet?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a vid, the end of the vid is it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w0nGFQPL8GE
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seen a lot of hype on their receivers but hardly anything on this piece. Someone needs to review this.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the comp was an afterthought. I don't see any benefit from the design.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looks like the comp was an afterthought. I don't see any benefit from the design.
    Looks like a bird cage with a couple of extra holes drilled in it. I don't know if the YouTube video was just bad, or what, but I wasn't really impressed with the flash hider function either.

I've got two VG6 Epsilon's, and about to purchase another. Not trying to sell anyone else on them, but they work for me. Flash hider on them is not spectacular, but considering the prongs are sitting on the end of a muzzle brake/compensator, it's pretty decent. I think on these hybrid brake/comp/flash hider deals one has to prioritize as far as effectiveness, or buy a unit that serves one purpose extremely well. You need a flash hider, buy a flash hider. If in my case I can live with a great brake/compensator and an "effective" flash hider, buy your choice of a multi-purpose unit.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't know we had so many engineers on this site, you guys are so negative. I've never shot a VG6 epsilon and I'm sure it's a decent brake, but what's the purpose of the prongs on the end besides to get a 14.5" to over 16"? Isn't by design most all the gas redirected after the second chamber? If that's true what benefit do you get by trying to accelerate non existent gas?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Didn't know we had so many engineers on this site, you guys are so negative. I've never shot a VG6 epsilon and I'm sure it's a decent brake, but what's the purpose of the prongs on the end besides to get a 14.5" to over 16"? Isn't by design most all the gas redirected after the second chamber? If that's true what benefit do you get by trying to accelerate non existent gas?
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once...

I've shot a shit ton of comps with prongs at the end. In my opinion they do nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think the prongs look pretty though.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Gost, no the VG6's length of 2.5" is an inch longer than needed to extend the barrel length.
    No, not all of the gas is redirected. There are no brakes that create "non-existent gases". The prongs are on there to redirect the remaining gasses after they pass through the brake portion.

Even a birdcage is a 3 prong flash hider, they just happened to be connected by a ring at the end, or they would snag everything. Essentially most flash hiders are 2 or 3 prong design. The prongs on the Epsilon work the same way as a dedicated flash hider, but compromises have to be made with hybrid units, and it will not be as effective as a good dedicated flash hider.

As far as the needless engineer comment, I'm sorry Gost, but everything you scour the net to post about is not going to entice or interest everyone all of the time. I made an observation, and posted my thoughts about the flash hider, not you, so no reason to act like you're off put by someone not heaping praises on the component that you posted a picture of.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Muzzle devices have to be at least 2.1" long to bring a 14.5" barrel to over 16", 0.6" of the barrel measurement is the threads. The Epsilon is 2.21", the Gamma is 1.75" which is to short and still leaves you in NFA hell.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to admit that I have no interest in buying one of these comps but that I'm addicted to reviews. I love to read reviews on about anything. CNET.com is one of my favorite websites. I'll read a review about anything. My current favorite review websites are:

www.mrgunsngear.com
    www.tacticalyellowvisor.net
    www.almosttactical.com
    http://vdmsr.blogspot.com
    www.militarymorons.com

I really wish all the manufacturers would send their new gear to these and feed my addiction.
    flickr
    facebook