Downloads
    Uploads
    I got this set as part of the Amorer's Package with the Reaction Rod and the Trigger Pin tool as well. Great quality and a very useful set of tools for use in building ARs. I've also devised a small bench block for holding the gas block while installing or taking out the roll pin. Makes it much more convenient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The reaction rod is definitely my next purchase. Not sure I want to drop $100 on it yet, but as they say, good tools cost money. I've heard nothing but good things about the reaction rod.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The reaction rod is definitely my next purchase. Not sure I want to drop $100 on it yet, but as they say, good tools cost money. I've heard nothing but good things about the reaction rod.
    The thing I like about the Reaction Rod is there is no twisting/torquing/distorting/crushing of the upper receiver. The upper receiver is a nice fit on the Reaction Rod, and the way it is machined for the barrel extension it fits very well into the bolt lug cuts, which is where the pressure of tightening the barrel nut is dispersed. I use mine sticking straight up in the air for torquing the barrel nut, and horizontally for installing the gas block & tube. It's nice to be able to sight right down the barrel for tube and block alignment, in those cases where you don't have a dimpled barrel. I caught a sale Geissele had on it where I got the Armor's Package and a hat and t-shirt all shipped to my door for $110.00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't want to drop the money either, but I got one and I'm so glad I did. It's so easy to do muzzle devices now. I also used it once to barrel a receiver, and I think if/when I do that again, I'll use my delrin block instead, but when messing with suppressor mounts, life got easy.

I think Geissele may have Mil/LEO pricing, as well. I want to say I didn't pay $100, but I might be lying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the roll pin starter punch, I wonder why they didn't opt for a retaining dimple on the end?
    When you can't be safe, be dangerous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Reaction Rod and the Hammerhead tool were two items i knew I wasn't going to use all that much but I reluctantly bought them anyway. As I'd hoped, they are so good at what they do, and they make that aspect of the job so much smoother and more pleasant, that over the course of even a few builds or repairs/maintenance they're worth it, IMHO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX View Post
    For the roll pin starter punch, I wonder why they didn't opt for a retaining dimple on the end?
    The starter punch is hollow, and the roll pin slides into the recess to be held. You can then drive the pin in all the way until the tool is almost touching, then finish up with the other punch. It works very well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see the pic now, it wasn't loading earlier for some reason. Looks like a good set, I may have to invest.
    When you can't be safe, be dangerous.