Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know my receiver set is going to be the heaviest part of my NTD build. I went light on the barrel and rail and light on the butt stock hopefully centering the weight. Once it is all together I might end out swapping some parts there and there to get it to balance the way I want it. I had looked at some V7 parts they may be options if I need to swap out anything after I have it mocked up
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Oh I'm following... but I was more thinking about a buddy of mine who used a LW barrel, then proceeded to put on a YHM Quad Rail, Bipod, UBR, ect, probably a 10lb carbine. Then he was bragging to me how lightweight his barrel was and how he could really feel the difference.
    I sort of got into that situation with the Voodoo Arms upper that I recently finished. The ultra lite barrel and the MI SSK rail and barrel nut are very light. The MBUS and Noveske hand stop only a few more ounces, but I added weight back in with the Epsilon VG6 brake. However, I have to ask myself how much it would weigh if I hadn't used a 7 ounce rail and nut and 1lb. and a few oz.'s for a barrel.

Last thing will be either a T1 or H1. I can pick this upper in one hand and my LMT with Centurion Quad rails and the difference is pretty amazing. However, I don't understand your friends rationale of saving a few ounces on the barrel and then weighting that baby down to 10lbs. I'm seeing that happen more and more, someone will take an existing rifle with substantial weight, and then add a "light weight" component, with truly insignificant weight savings, and talk about "feeling the difference".

I just don't get it, but I usually just nod my head and smile.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper