Downloads
    Uploads

Help me decide my next Muzzle Device WEVO

What say you?

I know this is cheating a bit since this is the AR15 related forum and this is actually going on a LaRue 762 tOBR.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/VG6_...6-gamma762.htm

or

http://precisionarmament.com/product...l-compensator/

Here's what I like about each:
    Gamma 762:
    Better looking/finish
    Effective Recoil and muzzle control per Truth About Gun's Muzzle Device Test
    I believe it's compatible with the VG6 CAGE ( someone confirm )

M4-72:
    The 556 version has been the #1 performer in TTAG's Muzzle Device Test
    Less concussion to the side at the range ( however, there is a slight gust of gas back to the shooter. It's nothing like concussion, but slightly distracting )

I feel that the Gamma 762 will look much better and have comparable performance, but being the min-maxing nerd, the 556 version of the M4-72 I have is just a beast. I feel that it will be that much better on a 762 gun. I posted this video before, but here was my 18" Rifle Gas Upper with the 556 M4-72 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uFgpbsnWU ). It shot so flat and the impulse was incredibly gentle.

I know UWone and Zero71 both have a ton of experience with the VG6 devices and they're a local company to me. I'm interested in everyone's feedback!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sold on VG6. Love my epsilon and CAGE, and I have a gamma sitting here waiting on a build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you do end up getting the Gamma - and plan to shoot in places with other shooters near by, I'd recommend getting the CAGE as well (so yes, it is compatible ). The cage helps keep the side concussion down; read: shooters in lanes next to you wont get pissy about getting hit by side concussion (... guess that depends on how close they are to you though).

It is a bit pricier, but Rainier Arms has them in stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    If you do end up getting the Gamma - and plan to shoot in places with other shooters near by, I'd recommend getting the CAGE as well (so yes, it is compatible ). The cage helps keep the side concussion down; read: shooters in lanes next to you wont get pissy about getting hit by side concussion (... guess that depends on how close they are to you though).

It is a bit pricier, but Rainier Arms has them in stock.
    I'm not so sure they won't still be pissed about the noise... Good lord is my epsilon loud on my sbr.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 762 Gamma. It shoots pretty flat on my .308 I would recommended it.

The 300 BLK Gamma was originally going to be their .308 comp, but they figured out that it wasn't mitigating recoil very effectively, so it was rebranded. I think on a .308 you definitely need a triple port brake.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I'm not so sure they won't still be pissed about the noise... Good lord is my epsilon loud on my sbr.
    ... well if they're already deaf, I don't see the problem

and yeah, boy is the Epsilon loud!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ones I was next to a guy that was shooting a 308 god that was loud. The concotion by it self wasbad
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)