Downloads
    Uploads

My Recce Build - Gen3 Noveske Recon ( Huge thanks to site sponsor ROG Tac )

I finally got the last piece two parts for my Recce inspired build ( ACOG TA31F on a LaRue RCO and a pair of Noveske Marked Troy BUIS ).

Almost all the parts of the rifle were purchased from Mike @ ROG Tac. He really hooked it up! Last Fall, I was searching for a 16 inch Recon Barrel Upper from Noveske for what seemed like 2-3 months. I was randomly sitting in my Customs Broker's Exam preparation class one night after work just browsing gun parts ( lol... ) and found Noveske had one for sale! I hit Mike up and he ordered it for me. Mike was nice enough to swap out the 13.5 NSR for a 15 NSR that I really wanted. Outside of the LaRue Trigger ( It's one of the original numbered 100 ), ACOG, and Gen3 Lower, everything was purchased from him.

List of parts:
    Gen3 Complete Upper with 15" NSR and 16" Recon Barrel
    Noveske Marked RCA BCG ( Switching to a Fathom Arms E-BCG as soon as it gets here this week )
    Gen3 Lower with JP LPK
    LaRue MBT 2-S
    V7 Milspec Buffer Tube w/Sprinco Blue + H2 Buffer
    B5 Bravo Stock
    Magpul K2
    Griffin Armament Muzzle Brake ( thinking about switching to a VG6 Precision Gamma 556 for the shorter OAL device )
    Noveske Marked Troy BUIS
    TA31F mounted on LaRue RCO LT681

It's an absolute tack driver. I been buying CBC/Magtech 77GR MK262 Clone rounds the last few months ever since it's been on sale for about 30 bucks per 50. My 5 round groups are always around .75-.85 moa @ 100 yards. That was done with a Vortex 2.5-10x32 FFP Viper PST. I know a lot of people have been down on Noveske products after John Noveske passed away, and with Sherry leaving Noveske for EraThr3. I think the cost of this setup was comparable to a KAC SR15 ( which we can't own in California anyways by name ) and the LaRue 556 Rifles, but it has been reliable and accurate. The fit and finish are also excellent.

Here's a pic of said Rifle:

P.S.

Here's a gratuitous shot of my Wilson Combat CQB Elite. Everyone loves 1911s! Even in an AR-15 Sub-forum.

Last edited by nijikon84; 16 May 2015 at 22:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice hardware.

And yes, I can't say enough about Mike at ROG. Stand up guy and provides great customer service.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice build! I also ditched a Noveske RCA BCG for a Fathom.

I agree with the others about Mike @ ROG. One of my favorite sites to do business with.