Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of hardly any free time, we got a little dusting last night and the whole state practically shuts down. While I have a half day I need to go finish putting some rounds through the fathom nitride for a review I've been dragging my feet on. Seems like good conditions for a test :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Speaking of hardly any free time, we got a little dusting last night and the whole state practically shuts down. While I have a half day I need to go finish putting some rounds through the fathom nitride for a review I've been dragging my feet on. Seems like good conditions for a test :D

Our state practically shut down too. Everyone is all "yay snow day!!" And over here all "essential personnel..." So I go in no matter what lol
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Our state practically shut down too. Everyone is all "yay snow day!!" And over here all "essential personnel..." So I go in no matter what lol
    I have that same problem. It sucks... I USED to like snow. Then I got into public service....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Snow is a substance that makes people crazy as soon as they get behind the wheel. Ive lived in WI my whole life, and every December-March the roads are littered with cars that are either in the ditch or going unreasonably slow. I just want my range to thaw out so I can go empty some brass! I have a lot of load testing I want to do with my WLV SBR and some other calibers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Livn277 View Post
    Snow is a substance that makes people crazy as soon as they get behind the wheel. Ive lived in WI my whole life, and every December-March the roads are littered with cars that are either in the ditch or going unreasonably slow. I just want my range to thaw out so I can go empty some brass! I have a lot of load testing I want to do with my WLV SBR and some other calibers!
    Shew I'll admit by the time I trudged out in ankle deep snow I lost some motivation. Only 87 rounds.. But admittedly they were close to mag dumps :)

Loving this thing. I'll end up getting another at some point

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wisconsin is funny. There's probably about 7" of snow on my range right now, but monday and tuesday is supposed to be about 47 degrees! I'll bring a tarp to lay on and enjoy the nice weather with some recoil therapy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the temp hit 50 today so I went out to the range for a quick session with the SBR. I shot a ladder of some 90g TNTs over AA5744. I still have to pull the charge data, but I had them running up to 2550fps out of the 10.5" barrel with slightly flattened primers. I'll load up a small range on either side of that charge and see what accuracy looks like. If I can get find the sweet spot in the 2500-2550 range, I will be VERY pleased.

Aside from that, I ran a mag of some previous loads I worked up with 110g Sierra ProHunters and 24.2g of 1200-R. They averaged 2360fps and functioned flawlessly.
    Last edited by Livn277; 9 March 2015 at 20:39.