Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Too washed out, and didn't make the cut... but I'll post here:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh - I don't think it looks that washed out. I actually like the lighting for the picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like that picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ETS,

I really like your magazines so far. I need to find a coupler version to see how well that works now. I think you have yourselves a winner here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll do a review after I get more time with mine, but I've noticed an oddity. On several carbines (Colt x3), the bolt catch contacts the back of the mag, causing the bolt catch to slightly lift up. So far it hasn't caused the action to lock open with rounds left in the mag, but it should not be occurring. Anyone else seeing this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'll do a review after I get more time with mine, but I've noticed an oddity. On several carbines (Colt x3), the bolt catch contacts the back of the mag, causing the bolt catch to slightly lift up. So far it hasn't caused the action to lock open with rounds left in the mag, but it should not be occurring. Anyone else seeing this?
    Hello Eric,
    There are 2 reasons that we made our geometry in that area a bit different than a GI mag. First, by not making that cut way down the wall we were able to make that area significantly less prone to cracking as with other poly mags. Second, we flirted with the boundaries in that area to achieve the most reliable bolt open on the broadest number of weapons. This led to some of our mags slightly rubbing and lifting that bolt catch around 0.020" on some ARs. We saw this on some of our test mules like our Colt. After a lot of testing (over 40,000 rounds in approximately 220 different weapons) we had enough data to know this was not causing a problem. With all of our testing and all 3rd party testing, there has not been a single incident of the bolt locking open before the mag was empty. We also checked to make sure the catch did not slightly rub the carrier and cause any damage. Again, it was not an issue.

Since we were able to put that to rest we decided that no change was needed at this time. We will most likely make a slight change to that area in our next gen.

BTW, you are keen Eric, you are the first person to notice this and mention it to us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting and thanks for the info. It certainly isn't engaging the catch like the back of the follower does on an empty mag, but .020" lift sounds about right from what I'm seeing (about .0180 on one I checked) and lift on the empty mag is about twice that. As a side note, I was showing the mags to a guy at the range today and he looked at me like I was crazy when I smashed the empty mag against the bench several times...no damage to the mags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Among the test carbines is a basic Colt SP6920.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't used the mag, so I am definitely not going to stump for them or for Pmag. It is either a situation where it will be considered a patent infringement, which I'm sure was happenstance, and will be worked out; or, it is a company trying to throw around bigger money to push a new guy out of the market, and they should be ashamed of themselves. I know companies are in it to make money, but if this is splitting hairs to retain a portion of the market, they need to remember what community they are a part of. The shooting community is a group of friends that should help each other where and when they can. There are too many out there already against us, and we shouldn't be infighting over a dollar. I know that I may speak from a point of view that has no say or place in the matter, but I like the brotherhood of fellow shooters and the majority of companies in the industry who essentially take out of their pockets to give to others in the community quite frequently. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be the negative aspect previously mentioned and all can find room on the shelf at the local gun shop. I'll keep my eye out for these when I go mag hunting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, just got caught up on the whole ordeal.
    Awesome sale going on right now by the way. Looking to see if I can make a purchase.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boy am I late to the party. Seems I make a habit of buying polymer non magpul mags... Where can I get some?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads