Downloads
    Uploads

Sightmark LoPro Combo Laser/Flashlight

Looking for an laser but don't want to spend a ton of money? Sightmark's new LoPro maybe the answer. It features a green laser as well as a 220 lumen LED flashlight. The unit resembles as PEQ-15 without the IR light. Sightmark says the design was inspired by military designs.

Description:

Inspired by military designs, the Sightmark® LoPro Combo delivers optimal precision accuracy and versatility. This multi-functional laser and flashlight device can be mounted on a picatinny or weaver rail of an AR-15, either in front of a riflescope without interference with field-of-view, or on the side of the quad rail. Its 220 lumen LED flashlight can be used for clearing a room or quickly spotting targets in pitch black darkness, and the laser is offset for clearing front sight post.

The LoPro Combo is equipped with push button and pressure pad operation, simplifying use and allowing the operator to quickly place the light where needed. Featuring 1-inch MOA click adjustments, the hand adjustable windage and elevation turrets permit the user to zero in the laser dot for close-range shooting. Laser visibility ranges from 50 yards in the daytime to 600 yards at night.

Constructed of high performance thermoplastic, the LoPro Combo yields a weather resistance rating of IPX6, making it exceptionally reliable in a wide range of harsh climates. Built for durability in tactical scenarios, the unit is also resistant to 1,000G’s of maximum recoil.

Specifications:

Laser wavelength (nm) 532 Laser type Class IIIA
    Laser power output (mW) <5 Dot size (in @ 50yd) 1.5
    Laser visibility-day (yd/m) 50 Laser visibility-night (yd/m) 600
    LED Output (Lumens) 220 Battery type CR123A
    Battery life - Laser/Light/Both (hours) 12/17/4.5 Battery voltage (V) 3
    Adjustment value 1 MOA Elevation adjustment range, MOA 380
    Windage adjustment range, MOA 500 On/off operation 6.2
    On/off operation 6.2 Finish/color Matte Black
    Finish/color 6.2 Body material High Performance Thermoplastic
    IP Rating IPX6 Shockproof Yes
    Mount type Weaver/Picatinny Operating temperature (°F) 32 to 120
    Dimensions 97x77x38 Weight 6.5

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had this in FDE for a few weeks now. So far my biggest complaint is the FDE color is actually a coating over the standard black model. I'm not sure how well it will hold up to scratches and rubs.

Some notes:

I've used the green laser out to 25yds on a bright sunny day.
    The 220 lumen flashlight is bright, but I think my 125 lumen Inforce is brighter.
    Overall construction is pretty solid. Buttons seem durable. The pigtail tape switch is an absolute joke. Seriously, it's so bad.
    I have the laser sighted in at 25 yds. The unit is mounted to the very front of my 9" rail, with a folding BUIS behind it. The LoPro is the widest part on the rail so it sees the most impacts. I've been humping this gun around on the floorboard or cargo area of my Jeep, uncased, for two weeks and as of last shooting, the laser hasn't moved from initial zero. That impressed me.

I bought this for my AR pistol for no real purpose other than fun factor, but as I'm putting it through its paces, I'm beginning to trust it as an aiming device and light source on a defensive firearm. Especially one setup for CQB or home defense.
    Last edited by Chevtec; 11 October 2014 at 05:08.
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How easy are the adjustment knobs to turn? Given there size, it seems like it would take just one decent hit on the knobs to knock the laser out of zero. I know it happens on scopes with exposed knobs all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're click adjustments, and I haven't knocked them off zero yet that I'm aware of. They take a good bit of torque to turn.
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chevtec, interested to hear if your Sightmark is still doing OK. Thanks.