Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Thats pretty cool, I wonder if this coating, or the one used by fortis will prevent that use marks that develop on CH's after you've used them a lot. My OCD goes crazy when I see my 80$ CH with all it's coating worn off.
    The Fortis Hammer has a nickelene finish, this one appears to be NiB coated. This one isn't $80 either, it's $119.95. And I was wrong,,they are already available for purchase.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

NEW AXTS Weapons Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The Fortis Hammer has a nickelene finish, this one appears to be NiB coated. This one isn't $80 either, it's $119.95. And I was wrong,,they are already available for purchase.
    WOW. I thought my fortis, and noveske raptor were expensive... Jeez

Edit: Will any of these coatings stop this kinda wear though?
    Last edited by DutyUse; 11 January 2015 at 21:36.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's definitely to expensive for me. As far as the wear goes the coatings may help, but I like the worn look.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    It's definitely to expensive for me. As far as the wear goes the coatings may help, but I like the worn look.
    On a bcm or mil spec sure I dig the used look too. But I drop 80 bones on a raptor or such I don't want it looking like I took sandpaper to it after 3-4 outings. Erks me for some reason

Downloads
    Uploads

Is that wear hurting anything? Does the CH still function in the gun?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is that wear hurting anything? Does the CH still function in the gun?
    No. Yes it works fine. I know it shouldn't matter what it looks like...

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. Yes it works fine. I know it shouldn't matter what it looks like...
    I was curious because there seems to be a common theme going on with a lot of these various whale-jizz wonder-coatings which seems to revolve mostly around how the part looks and how easy the part is to clean, neither of which have been a concern of mine in quite some time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was curious because there seems to be a common theme going on with a lot of these various whale-jizz wonder-coatings which seems to revolve mostly around how the part looks and how easy the part is to clean, neither of which have been a concern of mine in quite some time.
    You sir speak truth. Sometimes this forum gets my perspective off... When I get home I just need to dirty some guns up :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    See, the thing is, there are folks out there for whom ease of cleaning and appearance are concerns. Functional or not, some people just like their stuff to stay nice. Many folks are not into the beat up, #BATTLEWORN look just because when someone else sees their gun that other person thinks they must be some badazz operator-type because they beat their gun up and don't clean it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    See, the thing is, there are folks out there for whom ease of cleaning and appearance are concerns. Functional or not, some people just like their stuff to stay nice. Many folks are not into the beat up, #BATTLEWORN look just because when someone else sees their gun that other person thinks they must be some badazz operator-type because they beat their gun up and don't clean it.
    Right, because the reason I don't clean my guns with a dental pick and don't care if the CH finish is worn off is because I'm trying to pretend to be an "operator". I just simply don't give a damn what it looks like as long as it (a) keeps working and (b) doesn't rquire a bunch of my time maintaining it.

These various jizz coatings are largely a product of the because:internet-picture segment of the AR market, and for the shooter aren't much more than transfer devices designed to transfer money from your pocket into someone elese's. On that front, they are clearly wildly successful.

That CH that DutyUse posted is obviously well-worn, and by his own admission continues to function. Therefore the only reason to spend more for a whale-jizzed part is because:look-pretty. if that's a thing, motor on. The Whale-jizz salesman has to feed his kids too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, because the reason I don't clean my guns with a dental pick and don't care if the CH finish is worn off is because I'm trying to pretend to be an "operator". I just simply don't give a damn what it looks like as long as it (a) keeps working and (b) doesn't rquire a bunch of my time maintaining it.

These various jizz coatings are largely a product of the because:internet-picture segment of the AR market, and for the shooter aren't much more than transfer devices designed to transfer money from your pocket into someone elese's. On that front, they are clearly wildly successful.

That CH that DutyUse posted is obviously well-worn, and by his own admission continues to function. Therefore the only reason to spend more for a whale-jizzed part is because:look-pretty. if that's a thing, motor on. The Whale-jizz salesman has to feed his kids too.
    I think anyone who has been a member here for more than about 20 minutes is acutely aware that you don't feel the need to detail clean your guns, nor do you care how they look. The big question though is why is anything you don't use or feel the need to utilize automatically "whale-jizz", and why do you feel the burning desire to make everyone feel like an azz and that they've gotten one pulled over on them by the "whale-jizz salesman" for buying better than basic mil-spec phosphate-coated parts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we all just need to say whale jizz ATLEAST once a day. Bare minimum.

Because what's a day worth if your not talking about whale jizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    AXTS Instagram page is saying the first 100 at their shot show booth can preorder or sign up to get the MI-556 carbine for $2895. Cha-ching!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
    AXTS Instagram page is saying the first 100 at their shot show booth can preorder or sign up to get the MI-556 carbine for $2895. Cha-ching!
    I think I'll just take a SR15 and a 6920 instead for the same money.

Some manufacturers must think that it's still 2012.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think I'll just take a SR15 and a 6920 instead for the same money.

Some manufacturers must think that it's still 2012.
    Yeah me too. I have an AX556 and am a fan but would never pay that much for one rifle.

Also, they have said they will offer complete uppers for current AX556 owners but I won't be taking them up on that. Probably cost $1500 for just the upper. Retarded pricing.....