Downloads
    Uploads

To Reprofile or Buy New

so my current active AR is running a 16" hbar barrel by BHW. its a nice, accurate barrel but i plan on going 18" spr which leaves me with a spare barrel. for my next build i wanna go lightweight and shorter to 14.5 or 13.7 (pin & weld). however green mountain barrel sells a 14.5" for about $150 (sale) and if i buy that ill still have an hbar laying around. in turn, i dont want spare parts and wanna utilize all i have however reprofiling, dis/assembly, pin & weld would cost more than $150. so should i just buy a new 14.5" and keep a spare barrel or reprofile the hbar?
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sell the hbar in the classifieds section.
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd never take any material off an already finished barrel. Just sell it and get a new lighter barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Buy the Green Mountain and sell the 16" HBAR.

I never have spare parts (other than maintenance parts) laying around. I always sell my stuff and put the cash toward the next part.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just build an entirely new upper around the barrel you want. But that's just me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not even 5 years ago the choices in barrels was pretty limited. 10 years ago it was non-existent. That's when re-profiling was a viable option, and in some cases the only option.

Today, there's no good reason for it. Sell/keep the HBAR and buy the barrel you want.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I would just build an entirely new upper around the barrel you want. But that's just me.
    Now why was I expecting you to say this?? I'm gonna have to sell a kidney...

Thanks for the responses guy I guess I'll sell the hbar and get a new barrel!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal_Strong View Post
    Now why was I expecting you to say this?? I'm gonna have to sell a kidney...

Thanks for the responses guy I guess I'll sell the hbar and get a new barrel!
    Mainly because of the barrel market now. You can get a lot of quality barrels for $200 and under. I imagine a used HBAR will bring in very few buyers and at a low price. It may not be worth it to sell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Mainly because of the barrel market now. You can get a lot of quality barrels for $200 and under. I imagine a used HBAR will bring in very few buyers and at a low price. It may not be worth it to sell.
    Exactly this too. There not a lot of people wanting an hbar and at 16" when you can get an 18" for a little more with better muzzle velocity and itll weigh about the same. That's why I asked for people's opinion on what to do...