Downloads
    Uploads

popular wml shootout...

Arisaka and Rosch Works are using Don McLeish designed reflectors and xpg2 pills assembled by malkoff in their SL1 and E1 lights, respectively. Claiming 250 to 280 of lumens or so. I used my m31 drop in in a VME head for this test.

The M600U is a very successful wml featuring Surefire's TIR technology, and the M300c is its new little brother. Both are very popular.

The Streamlight Protac 1L is a 180 otf lumen 2.0oz light preferred by Frank Proctor so strongly that he had a special mount made just for him and that light by Unity.

Below, I compare the above as well as the high and low beams of my 2010 grand jeep cherokee. The target is a red 1 gallon gas jug at 50 meters wedged between the two small tree trunks center frame at waist level, with the larger light colored oak as a backdrop.

Jeep hi beams:

Jeep low beams:

SL PT1L:

Malkoff 280 otf lumen M31 in VME head with AR coated sapphire lens:

Surefire M300c (KE1F head):

Surefire M600U (KE2C head):

Downloads
    Uploads
    M300C vs. M600U, fence at 100m.

This illustrates the utility of each light in a small structure. From the door frame to the far wall in the kitchen is 6 meters. The edge of the door frame the lights were held against is about 1.2m from the wall seen to the right with the boxes stacked against it. The room is a total of roughly 4m across, with the first door on the left appearing at 3 meters beyond the entry door, and the second door at 5 meters. The second door is offset into the kitchen by roughly 1/2meter.

SL PT1L:

Surefire M300C:

Malkoff M31:
    Last edited by JGifford; 14 May 2015 at 01:09.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the pics JGifford.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice, thanks.