Thread: Can inside rail

Downloads
    Uploads

Can inside rail

I have a saker762 which comes off just by turning so that won't be a problem I'm currently running a 10 inch evolution rail on a 10.5 barrel thinking of going to 11 or 12 inch

Any Hazards I should know about ?

Or any experience would be appreciated

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    It should fit diameter wise, as the Evolution (Samson/Rainier) is accommodating for 1.5" diameter suppressors. Normally I say 5.56 cans will get really hot on your hands under the rail and advise against it for that reason, but having an inch of can under there really won't hurt anything.

I have seen a catastrophic failure of an HTA Kestrel 5.56 that was under the rail a good ways where the tube split length wise and grenaded the rail also. The guy is lucky he has a hand. I don't foresee that happening with a Saker unless you weld the endcap shut

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only if the can has a cat. failure, there's pic and video of it splitting the rail back to where your hand may be. But there again it's a bad day if your can blows up no matter what! What size can is the Saker? 1.5''? I have the 556 Tactical version of the EVO and I would say a 1.5'' can would be a tight fit, like possibly a little dermal work inside the rail fit. If the rail sits exactly center it would clear slightly, the EVO is a clamp style though and mine isn't dead nuts center.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on how far under the rail the suppressor is located, you'll get a lot more heat transfer.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads

1.5" can, Innovative Arms 5.56, inside a Rainier/Samson Evolution.

It fits easily you just can't put the accessory rail pieces by it because the pieces you put the screws into wont fit between the can and rail

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of going to a new rail completely I really like the fortis rails thanks for the input I have a lot to think about

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post

1.5" can, Innovative Arms 5.56, inside a Rainier/Samson Evolution.

It fits easily you just can't put the accessory rail pieces by it because the pieces you put the screws into wont fit between the can and rail
    That is sick I like it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't have the Sampson, but do have a Seekins MCSR that has about 3" of the suppressor covered (Specwar762 w/QD). Shooting it exclusively with my 300BLK SBR and have not had any heat issues at all. Then again, 95% of it is shot subsonic so not very hot loads. Biggest thing for me is having the hand stop so I don't touch the can
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Don't have the Sampson, but do have a Seekins MCSR that has about 3" of the suppressor covered (Specwar762 w/QD). Shooting it exclusively with my 300BLK SBR and have not had any heat issues at all. Then again, 95% of it is shot subsonic so not very hot loads. Biggest thing for me is having the hand stop so I don't touch the can
    I'll be running subs of .277 WLV variety most of the time