Downloads
    Uploads

LW BCG with Adjustable Gas Block?

Here's a question for you guys that run adjustable gas blocks. Do you guys run light weight BCG's with your adjustable gas blocks?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's the other way around. If you're running a light BCG, you're probably running an adjustable gas block, but just having the adjustable doesn't mean you're running a light weight carrier.

My most recently build has an adjustable gas block, but I've got a Fathom Arms carrier in it (it hasn't made its way to the range yet for a function test, but I'm not anticipating any problems).

Downloads
    Uploads
    The question wasn't to ask if one drove you to have the other. A lot of my friends have converted to adjustable gas blocks but most run a standard FA carrier. I understand tuning gas but have no experience with LW carriers and was wanting to hear about them.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a standard M16 BCG in my adjustable gas builds

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I use a standard M16 BCG in my adjustable gas builds
    Same here. I use full M16 carriers in everything as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Same here. I use full M16 carriers in everything as well.
    ditto
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having the ability to adjust gas when ever you are changing the carrier or buffer weight is a good idea. You can get the ejection dialed in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm running a Syrac adjustable gas block, Young MFG Light BCG and Carbine buffer and spring in one of my Mega 14.5 builds.

Runs like a sewing machine. The gas is tuned almost perfectly, just slightly over-gassed for reliability. Recoil is almost non-existent and it's SUPER flat. I'm running almost the same set up in my 10.5" Mega MKM except it's using a Lantac E-BCG.

Here's a video of the Mega 10.5" shooting (sorry if it doesn't play yet. I literally just uploaded it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiL...ature=youtu.be

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    I'm running a Syrac adjustable gas block, Young MFG Light BCG and Carbine buffer and spring in one of my Mega 14.5 builds.

Runs like a sewing machine. The gas is tuned almost perfectly, just slightly over-gassed for reliability. Recoil is almost non-existent and it's SUPER flat. I'm running almost the same set up in my 10.5" Mega MKM except it's using a Lantac E-BCG.

Here's a video of the Mega 10.5" shooting (sorry if it doesn't play yet. I literally just uploaded it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiL...ature=youtu.be
    Do you also run a brake on your 14.5?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Do you also run a brake on your 14.5?
    I either run a Lantac Dragon (on guns I'm not suppressing) or a AAC 51T brake (for the suppressed guns)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh. Have you tested performance on the adjustable GB/lightweight internals without a compensator? I debated do this but would rather run a flash hider.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Oh. Have you tested performance on the adjustable GB/lightweight internals without a compensator? I debated do this but would rather run a flash hider.
    We did on a buddies 16" BCM. He went from the standard out of the box BCM with their flash hider / comp but he had added a PWS H3 buffer. We swapped in a Syrac adjustable block, Young LW BCG, Carbine Buffer and AAC 51T Flash hider. What are your questions about that system?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    We did on a buddies 16" BCM. He went from the standard out of the box BCM with their flash hider / comp but he had added a PWS H3 buffer. We swapped in a Syrac adjustable block, Young LW BCG, Carbine Buffer and AAC 51T Flash hider. What are your questions about that system?
    Mostly about recoil impulse. When I tried lighter components, recoil sharpened. Does tuning down the gas do much without also using a brake?
    -One Nation, Under God