Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So it sounds like you're trying to balance the idea of holding to the perceived quality of the parts you won with the financial realities of family life.

personally, I'd buy a BCM lightweight barrel (either standard, ELW-F, or BFH, as budget/tastes allow) and move on with the caveat that if you're just going to be posting up at a bench, shooting through some sort of magnified optic, then I'd look at the 16" WOA stainless barrel from ADCO.
    https://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdet...torynumber=182
    Correct. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    What helped me make a final decision on which barrel to use was to make a list of all the quality's I wanted from a barrel and then compare the barrels to my list not the other way around. It narrowed the field dramatically, down to three to be exact, and with a little more research I narrowed it down to one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What helped me make a final decision on which barrel to use was to make a list of all the quality's I wanted from a barrel and then compare the barrels to my list not the other way around. It narrowed the field dramatically, down to three to be exact, and with a little more research I narrowed it down to one.
    Good advice.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you still have Ballistic Advantage on your radar,(Hanson profile) do a little research into Clint Hanson(master armorer)His shoulder less design is awesome. The guys resume is second to none. Here's a few links to get you started.

http://www.nrablog.com/post/2015/01/...mitations.aspx

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/s...on-14-5-review
    Last edited by Stone; 30 January 2015 at 10:47.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yet, another thread about barrels. Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    If you still have Ballistic Advantage on your radar,(Hanson profile) do a little research into Clint Hanson(master armorer)His shoulder less design is awesome. The guys resume is second to none. Here's a few links to get you started.

http://www.nrablog.com/post/2015/01/...mitations.aspx

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/s...view/undefined
    Thank you. I've actually been trying to contact them this week via email and Facebook. No response yet. I'm hoping this is just because they are recovering from Shot Show.

Do you know anyone with first hand experience using this barrel?

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Conceptually, I like this barrel. I just don't want to go "experimental" without some more evidence from people I trust. $225 with gas block is interesting.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I hear, Adam at BA is really hard to get a hold of, I hear he is a one man show working on a thousand orders. I do have one of their barrels but its made for Special ops Tactical which is owned by Garrett Potter and Clint Hanson. I believe its an original one off Clint Hanson design that he made for SOT. Call Garrett at SOT, he is a top notch guy. Last time we spoke the conversation lasted an hour. He works directly with Clint and knows Adam well. https://specialopstactical.com/

Ask him about SOT's barrels first, then ease your way into his relationship with BA. If you know what I mean...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, thank you. I just now heard back from them. I'm assuming, based on what I've read, that this barrel handles really well when you're moving. Is this correct?

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what you mean? When your moving??

Fixed the link from above
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/s...on-14-5-review
    Last edited by Stone; 30 January 2015 at 10:59.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if I am asking this correctly. Moving from target to target in a carbine class or three gun match. The balance of the rifle vs standard profile barrel. They claim it has a "lightweight feel without light weight limitations."

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't used the barrel in question, but that's the kind of nonsense marketing that makes me dismiss these kinds of companies and their products.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Ultimately what you're going to notice is the exterior profile of the barrel. No right angles and every barrel comes with a pin low profile gas block. A lot of things happen with the exterior of a barrel that cause a lot of variations."

I feel like I lost a few I.Q. points just from reading that bullshit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's still an option. I don't have the money together yet. It is the least expensive option. The Daniel Defense barrel is the most reasonably priced cold hammer forged barrel of the ones I'm looking at. And then there's the possibility of going with ELW from BCM. Right now, the CHF barrels have a slight lead with the BCM ELW and the BA Hanson being interesting options. I have heard several people saying very positive things about BA barrels. I'm not typically an "early adopter." So we will see. I do really appreciate all of everyone's input.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I haven't used the barrel in question, but that's the kind of nonsense marketing that makes me dismiss these kinds of companies and their products.
    "I haven't used the barrel in question" So what you are saying is you have made a judgment on something you know absolutely nothing about. Thanks for your input Because of uninformed comments like this, its the very reason new product manufacturers hate gun forums. I have had conversations with several new product manuf. and have told me this first hand. Oh and congratulations, 976 posts and this is the first one you didn't mention BCM or Colt. I am sure there were a lot of folks like yourself that said the same thing about BCM when they started up. Do you see the irony rob?
    Last edited by Stone; 30 January 2015 at 12:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    "Ultimately what you're going to notice is the exterior profile of the barrel. No right angles and every barrel comes with a pin low profile gas block. A lot of things happen with the exterior of a barrel that cause a lot of variations."

I feel like I lost a few I.Q. points just from reading that bullshit.
    Ah come on, don't sell your self short. You cant loose what you didn't already have.

He is talking about barrel harmonics and accuracy.

Try this: http://www.stocks-rifle.com/harmonics.htm