Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint T1 mount for use with Centurion C4 sights

The sight plane for the Centurion Arms C4 sights sits 2–3 mm below standard AR-15 sights. This poses no problem with Aimpoint's 30 mm optics, but the sights aren't visible with a T1 on a LaRue LT660 mount. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good T1 mount to run with the C4 sights? I tried a LT660HK mount, but it gives an absolute co-witness, which I don't care for.

Thanks,

Andreas

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try the ADM AbsCo unit - it rides in between the absolute and LT height units, and I can see a lot of the standard AR sights though that. I'm not suggesting buying it just to see, but based on the mounts I have, it's probably the best shot I can think of.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the lead on the American Defense mount. That looks like a well-designed option, and I see that they also sell a base that accepts both absolute and lower-thirds co-witness spacers.

Has anyone tried the KAC mount, which I see comes with several spacers?

I'm looking around for any info on the relative heights of these mounts.

—Andreas
    Last edited by Stubb; 26 March 2011 at 19:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
    Thanks for the lead on the American Defense mount. That looks like a well-designed option, and I see that they also sell a base that accepts both absolute and lower-thirds co-witness spacers.

Has anyone tried the KAC mount, which I see comes with several spacers?

I'm looking around for any info on the relative heights of these mounts.

—Andreas

I've used both the ADM and KAC T-1 mounts, both work very well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on today's range trip, I'm thinking that the T1 doesn't make a great match with fixed irons due to the small tube. It's now matched up with Magpul BUIS on my SBR and the C4 sights are on my 16" carbine with an ML3 in a LaRue LT-150 mount. One thing I noticed while swapping components is that the LT-660 puts the centerline of the T1 at the same height that the LT-150 puts the centerline of the ML3. The T-1 has a smaller-diameter tube, so it blocks out more of the sights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still run mine with fixed sights up front, with folding sights in the rear, but that is one of the short list of things being given up to use the smaller Micros. If that centerline works best for you, and you're able to use the irons if needed, then it works. It's a lot easier to scrutinize at home messing with the sights, but as long as the primary operation mode is fast (aimpoint), and the backup is still functional, it works in my book.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could see a fixed front and folding rear working quite well.

The lesson for me has been that I shouldn't have thought of the T-1 as the same thing as the ML3, only smaller. It's its own thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could see a fixed front and folding rear working quite well.
    I have one set up like that and it works great. I'm a big fan of running a fixed front sight on most duty/defensive carbines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to steer away, but does anyone have experience with the LaRue T-1/H-1 mounts and using Magpul MBUS Gen 2?

What I don't know is if the MBUS have the same height as standard AR15 sights. Would the tall T-1 mount from LaRue allow for lower 1/3 co-witness on the MBUS? It seems as thought the MBUS wouldn't be tall enough. I'm aware that LaRue's website states that the mid mount for the T-1 doesn't allow for absolute co-witness but would this be a better choice for co-witness of the MBUS if they are shorter?

The MBUS Gen2 were ordered today from Midway (FDE was in stock) and I'll be looking at optics as my next purchase. It's the standard EOTech / Aimpoint quaigmeyer but I'll work through it. Since its a 10.5" SBR lightweight will be the name of the game and the H-1 is in the lead.

Thanks for the insight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Magpul Gen 1 MBUS on my SBR along with the T-1 in an LT-660 (tall) mount on my SBR. I shoot with my nose to the charging handle, and the bottom rim of the T-1 is visible through the small aperture. It takes up a big chunk of the bottom half of the field of view with the large aperture. I wouldn't call the combination ideal. You'll see less of the T-1 in the sight picture if you shoot with your eye farther back from the rear sight

I plan to give the KAC mount a try next month. It's slightly shorter than the LaRue and comes with two spacers to tailor the height. You can see it compared to the LaRue and by itself.

—Andreas