Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trust... Help me out here folks...

I have been pondering over it for a while now and I have two options. I can buy still straight up or I can do the trust. Specifically I keep nagging myself about suppressors so it's either option A or option B.

I called the Sheriff's office here today and he's willing to sign off on anything I want. So if I just have the items titled to me directly ....or if that new ruling comes down... however you slice it I have the ins.

The Sheriff's office said they usually just run a standard background check and then talk to you for 5 minutes and sign off provided everything is good, which of course it is. So new ruling or not (regarding trusts) I have it locked up... if I pony up the money which of course I am trying to be judicious with of course.

I am leaning towards doing it the trust route simply because all the paperwork is faster. From my understanding you can efile with a trust but an individual cannot.

I have already contacted a lawyer in Houston that I found on the internet who specializes in these things. I was just going to to talk to him and see what he can tell me and maybe answer some of my specific questions...but I am curious to know what you paid to set your trust up?

If I decide to pull the trigger on it and set the trust up first (let's not kid ourselves I am going to do it) about how much did you pay to get yours in place?

It sounds pretty simple. I have seen pricing around $250 but I am not sure if I can get them done cheaper or not. I kind of want to have someone who is familiar with Texas laws to do it, but from all I have read it seems pretty simple. The state doesn't give a rats ass from what it sounds like. But I have exactly zero experience with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly I am probably going to have to go incrementally into this thing. Maybe this coming up month set up the trust provided it doesn't give me a ton of hassles or something....

Then over the next few months save my nickels and dimes while sorting out which suppressor I really want... THEN once I decide to buy I go do my thing and pay $200 bucks and do all the bullshit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd do the trust, simply because of the succession planning aspect... and of course, no fingerprints.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go get one from coyote rifle works for $95 and be done with it. SEVERAL people have used their services here and I used a similar service for mine . I'm 6 stamps in and no worries.

A trust is always a better route IMO. It gives you the ability to delegate your NFA items and also any other weapons you put on it. Nothing says you can't have all your firearms on it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'd do the trust, simply because of the succession planning aspect... and of course, no fingerprints.
    I have been finger printed so many times. I have gone through some of the most stringent background checks known to man. Way more than any of this stuff. (Not kidding).

I am leaning heavily towards the trust. From what I understand there is supposedly some pending ruling about making the trustees get finger printed and all that crap. Either way I am not worried about my ability to get it set up.

Simply put I am wondering how much I can expect to pay for a trust to be set up? Just an average cost....or if there are some services that I don't know about that could potentially do them a lot cheaper.

I know Stickman gave away some trusts but I forgot who did them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Go get one from coyote rifle works for $95 and be done with it. SEVERAL people have used their services here and I used a similar service for mine . I'm 6 stamps in and no worries.

A trust is always a better route IMO. It gives you the ability to delegate your NFA items and also any other weapons you put on it. Nothing says you can't have all your firearms on it!
    $95 bucks? That's it?!

I can eat $95 worth of food on a date night.

About how long did it take to set up?

Do you have to claim that stuff on your taxes or anything? Or is just a seperate legal entity in and of itself? If I want to add someone on to the trust (say my dad) or whoever I assume I can have either just me or a several people if I want to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I have been finger printed so many times. I have gone through some of the most stringent background checks known to man. Way more than any of this stuff. (Not kidding).

I am leaning heavily towards the trust. From what I understand there is supposedly some pending ruling about making the trustees get finger printed and all that crap. Either way I am not worried about my ability to get it set up.

Simply put I am wondering how much I can expect to pay for a trust to be set up? Just an average cost....or if there are some services that I don't know about that could potentially do them a lot cheaper.

I know Stickman gave away some trusts but I forgot who did them.
    There is zero benefit of individual over a trust IMHO.

Coyote Rifleworks gave away the trusts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    $95 bucks? That's it?!

I can eat $95 worth of food on a date night.

About how long did it take to set up?

Do you have to claim that stuff on your taxes or anything? Or is just a seperate legal entity in and of itself? If I want to add someone on to the trust (say my dad) or whoever I assume I can have either just me or a several people if I want to.
    Yep Thats it! Ive had two people locally use them and deepening on the day they got theirs back either the same day or next ready to get notarized. They now have a few stamps thanks to me lol.

You can have yourself or as many as you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What in the hell! Coyote Rifleworks is right down the road from me. I am looking at their contact number and that is right down the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Yep Thats it! Ive had two people locally use them and deepening on the day they got theirs back either the same day or next ready to get notarized. They now have a few stamps thanks to me lol.

You can have yourself or as many as you want.
    As many stamps or as many trusts?

I am limited only by the size of my wallet.

Dang it man. I am nervous to go into all this stuff, but this sounds pretty easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As many stamps or as many trusts?

I am limited only by the size of my wallet.

Dang it man. I am nervous to go into all this stuff, but this sounds pretty easy.
    haha my error. You can have as many people as you want.

I know you step back and always evaluate everything. This isn't one of those times. Head on down to CRW and get yourself a trust and start suppressor shopping while you wait for your form 1 to come back lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Coyote and done. I got a coyote trust. You don't even need to call them or anything. Get on their site and fill out the form, you'll have a trust in less than 24 hours. I had mine in less than an hour. First stamp approved no problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Coyote and done. I got a coyote trust. You don't even need to call them or anything. Get on their site and fill out the form, you'll have a trust in less than 24 hours. I had mine in less than an hour. First stamp approved no problem.
    You're killing me bro... you're killing me.

I over analyze everything. I get nervous but I need to figure out who all I want on there and then go from there. For $95 bucks... that's nothing.

My excuses for not buying a suppressor are being eliminated pretty quickly.

I feel like I am getting laid for the first time. Sort of. Well maybe not. But kind of. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    You over analyze?

Say it aint so....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You over analyze?

Say it aint so....
    It's a known weakness... but it can be a strength too at times LOL...

Like if you want some complex crap figured out... give it to me...

You guys crack me up.