Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisauss View Post
    The AIM one looks air brushed..lolol

Thanks for sharing that pic!!! been contemplating on picking up an AIM NIB BCG.
    Don't get me wrong, the finish is very nice. No flaws in it. It's nice and slick. It could be just the fact that I'm basing it off of the proprietary NiB-X coating that WMD uses. They both feel equally as slick, just the sheen that is different.

Glad I noticed the cotter pin issue before use though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple WMD BCG's one with about 4k rounds though it. Ive been very pleased with it and the 2 or 3 others I've used. The coating is uniform and it hasn't discolored as bad as some of the other NiB carriers I've used. There definitely is a difference in NiB coatings out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally like NiB when it becomes dis-colored, gives it character.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I personally like NiB when it becomes dis-colored, gives it character.
    I don't mind either way. Whatever makes it easier to clean. I know that some people get freaked out when their new $200 BCG isn't as "pristine" anymore.

I have an AIM Nitride BCG, for sub $100, it's worked well, but I don't have enough rounds to make a call either way on it. I can't imagine there are too many NiB coaters out there doing mass coatings, so I wonder who is doing them. Most of the finishes I've seen aren't as good or evenly applied as the WMD ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I don't mind either way. Whatever makes it easier to clean. I know that some people get freaked out when their new $200 BCG isn't as "pristine" anymore.

I have an AIM Nitride BCG, for sub $100, it's worked well, but I don't have enough rounds to make a call either way on it. I can't imagine there are too many NiB coaters out there doing mass coatings, so I wonder who is doing them. Most of the finishes I've seen aren't as good or evenly applied as the WMD ones.
    I will agree here. Again, the finish on this unit is very nice. It's even, it's slick, no flaws in the finish. It just doesn't look as nice as the WMD coating. Maybe I'm just being biased, and I'm sure it will work as well as a phosphate bcg, so for $100 I'm not complaining.

On another note, I'm trying to find a local NIB coater. Waiting to hear from my normal cerakote applicator. Haven't visited him in a while, he may do nib now. If not I'm looking to get my receivers cerakoted a light silver color, close to, maybe a bit darker than the AIM BCG pictured. I'm thinking either "satin aluminum" or "crushed silver"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Few more things coming this week. Got the 12" Rainier FORCE rail coming, and thanks to Comp and Mrs. Comp, they sent me a NTD Ti Fang fwd assist. I need a barrel, muzzle device and a trigger, then it's off to blowndeadline.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two things in the mail this week. 12" FORCE rail came today, and the TiFang forward assist from Comp and his wife came yesterday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A NTD Titanium F/A makes for a nice gift!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A NTD Titanium F/A makes for a nice gift!

Paying it forward. Thanks again on the Iron Viper USAF forward assist. It should come back from blowndeadline in a stainless steel color :)
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Paying it forward. Thanks again on the Iron Viper USAF forward assist. It should come back from blowndeadline in a stainless steel color :)
    Thank you guys again! And thanks to UW for sending you that USAF one. The iron viper units look sweet for sure.

Now to send these parts to blowndeadline. I'm pretty sure I've decided on titanium cerakote for the receivers. Not sure if I'll do the rail or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't wait to see the finished product!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have experience bead blasting barrels? I've read on arfcom that Rainier uses 80 grit glass to blast their barrels. I'm likely going to go with the 10.5" faxon 416r stainless barrel, which is not blasted. We have a cabinet at work that we blast stuff with. With the exception of using brand new beads, does anyone see a problem with blasting the barrel myself? Anyone done it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why bead blast? Just don't want the barrel shiny?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Anyone have experience bead blasting barrels? I've read on arfcom that Rainier uses 80 grit glass to blast their barrels. I'm likely going to go with the 10.5" faxon 416r stainless barrel, which is not blasted. We have a cabinet at work that we blast stuff with. With the exception of using brand new beads, does anyone see a problem with blasting the barrel myself? Anyone done it?
    Why do you want to bead blast?

RA gets a matte looking finish when they bead blast their barrels, which I think looks better than traditional stainless barrels with a lot of "gloss" The RA bead blast looks very similar to the Noveske ones. I don't think there should be a huge issue if you try it yourself and know what you're doing. My only question is, why not just buy a bead blasted one from the get go?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you want to bead blast?

RA gets a matte looking finish when they bead blast their barrels, which I think looks better than traditional stainless barrels with a lot of "gloss" The RA bead blast looks very similar to the Noveske ones. I don't think there should be a huge issue if you try it yourself and know what you're doing. My only question is, why not just buy a bead blasted one from the get go?
    Well, particularly, budget. I could save up another week or so and buy a Rainier barrel that's already blasted. I've heard nothing but good things about Faxon's ARAK units, and I've heard good reviews on their 16" barrels. For $120 I figured I'd give their pistol barrel a try.