Downloads
    Uploads

LMT Slick Side MRP Piston

Hello,

I tried to search, but I was not able to find any results.

Does anyone know if LMT offers the LM8 Slick chassis in a piston configuration? If not, would it be possible to buy the 12.5" piston barrel, and convert it?

If I recall, the LM8 MRP 5.56 chassis was slightly longer than the standard CQB MRP. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read this article that said that the LM8 comes as a DI but can be converted to piston the same as the MRP. You may want to contact LMT though. Here's the article:

http://www.hendonpub.com/law_and_ord..._rail_platform

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know they don't offer the LM8 in a piston... yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On LMT's site the 12" MRP piston conversion kit says for MRP CQB only, the rail on the LM8 may be to long for that kit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trident on TOS has a pic of a MRP CQB and a LM8 side by side, the LM8 was longer it doesn't look like the 12" piston conversion kit would work with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been considering a couple of different uppers for my new SBR build. The 12" MRP CQB piston 5.56 is one and the other is a KAC SR15 E3 11.5". I have been leaning towards the MRP because one it's cheaper and two it's about a two minute change to go to a 10.5" 300 Blackout. If they would put out a CQB LM8 that would probably makeup my mind for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I thought I read somewhere that the LM8 had about 11" of rail space; so I thought it just might be short enough to accommodate the piston conversion. I'm wondering what the exact weight savings of the CQB MRP vs the LM8 chassis is. I read that the majority of the weight was in the barrel profile.

And yes the quick change is really nice, especially for the 300 Blk. I just don't want to put down the money for a CQB if LMT were to release the LM8 in a CQB length sometime soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the feeling. I got some time to wait though. A Marvin Pitts Nefarious Arms dimple job on the barrel would be nice.