Downloads
    Uploads

Noveske Cerakoted?

This week I got a another Gen 2 lower and the anodizing appears very different from my other Gen 2 lowers. This lower appears to be Cerakoted in Graphite Black. I have read that the Gen 3 line will be anodized then Cerakoted, I don't know this to be fact though. Just wonder if my Gen 2 has been factory Cerakoted?

Downloads
    Uploads
    P.S. I'm not complaining, the lower is beautiful and makes me feel better about myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pictures?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a photo guy, so no I don't have any pics of any of my toys. It may just be anodized but it looks exactly like a piece that I had Cerakoted Graphite Black.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Upon learning how to read this morning I decided to read Noveske's site about Gen 3, and it states: Hardcoat type III anodizing, with Cerakote ceramic coating (Black) for ultimate finish and performance. Which is cool cause most Cerakoters charge anywhere from $50 to $100 to coat a receiver. I guess my question now is whether or not Noveske decided to Cerakote the last run of Gen 2 receivers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you get your receiver from Joe Bob Outfitters?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there was such a variance on color in that batch, you may have thought it was cerakote, but it's just anodizing that's not up to snuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is not a chainsaw though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    This is not a chainsaw though.
    Yeah I know, which is why it was such a big deal on arfcom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey take it easy on them guys at arf.com, they consumers to spending their hard earned money. Sometimes I feel like them cause where live none of the shops carry what some call boutique guns, not all of us live in large market areas. So if your like me and like the so called boutique stuff like Noveske, you have to order and sell stuff till you find parts that fit to your standard. The guys at the shop I had this lower sent to we're asking what this lower did that the ones they had in stock didn't do. My response was nothing just prettier, which is true. Don't get me wrong I love my new lower and both the guys at m4carbine and arf, but if people have question about the finish on a product that cost 3X that of a similar part then so be it cause they are the consumer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you may have taken my tone wrong.

From what I saw of the pictures, I believe those that were sold some of those lowers as non-chainsaws, absolutely have a beef. I believe you should get what you pay for. I'm glad Noveske is taking care of those folks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry UW, workers at the shop I had the lower sent to been flaming me for my boutique rifle parts. The finish on this latest lower actually looks a lot better than my previous Noveske lowers, thats the reason I thought it may have Cerakoted. It looks just like my other lower that's been Cerakoted in graphite black.