Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently my only AR.
    BCM 14.5 Mid with FSC556
    BCM BCG (Nickel Boron by ATEi)
    MBUS Rear
    Mega lower with Colt FCG
    Currently wearing UBR stock and MOE handguards
    Primary Arms Mico on PA mount (This will go on my AK when I can decide on a hard use optic for this rifle)

The purpose of this rifle was intended to be a "do-all" defense rifle along with training/range toy.
    Realistic expectations are sub 50 yard engagements (in the home and immediate property), though my EDC M&P9 is still my go-to for bumps in the night.

Just ordered a Samson 9ex smooth rail, should be here Friday (got a pretty darn good deal).
    And considering moving to a CTR stock or similar as I think the UBR may be over-kill for this rifle's roll. (I'll save it for the RECCE I wanna build)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice Pyzik.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love those selector switch markings. Is that stippling or grip tape on the handguard?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Nice Pyzik.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Love those selector switch markings. Is that stippling or grip tape on the handguard?
    Stippling done by Diversified Firearms Concepts.

I can't seem to get the clean lines. I've done two M&Ps myself and just can't get the same line quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To get good lines in stippling one of my buddies takes a screw and cuts the head square, then uses a file to checker the head. He replaces the tip of his soldering iron with this.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    To get good lines in stippling one of my buddies takes a screw and cuts the head square, then uses a file to checker the head. He replaces the tip of his soldering iron with this.
    I would have never thought of this (obviously)!
    I wonder if I can chop up something similar and try to clean up the lines on the M&Ps...
    Thanks for the idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was told that this is about the same technique used by Glockworx for their stipling.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love when this thread pops back up because it reminds me to go back and look at how I originally had my gun setup and how much it's changed in the last 4 years. Here's my 2 year (and possibly last update) on my 12.5" training upper. Current state:

Upper & Barrel: 12.5” Centurion barrel in BCM upper
    I continue to run the Centurion barrel in 12.5” length and it has been a fantastic barrel. It has been through 4 carbine classes, a few thousand rounds and I really don't clean it much. It continues to run and provide great accuracy. A few weeks ago, I benched it at 100yds with a 1-7x scope and it was sub-MOA with 3 different match loads.

Muzzle Device: Surefire MB556K brake
    I have stuck with the Surefire brake. I tried to swap back to an A2 but the recoil impulse of this setup with the Surefire has spoiled me.

Bolt Carrier Group/Charge handle: BCM mil-spec BCG and Gunfighter Charge Handle (Mod 4)
    Both of these just work for me.

Handguards: Noveske NSR 11"
    I had originally installed a Troy 11" Alpha a couple of years ago as I liked the cheaper buy in cost compared to the NSR. I found a sale on the NSR around one of the holidays and picked one. Love it. The rail had a smaller diameter and felt like a huge weight reduction compared to the Troy. I much prefer the KeyMod system to what was used for the Alpha. I have added the Noveske rail covers and the seem to work pretty well. I'm not 100% sold on the handstop part of those kits as they don't lock into the handguard well. I may swap over to a KAC keymod hand stop. One other item I have added to the handguards is a KAC thumbstop on the top rail. It looked a little goofy to me at first but have since found that I greatly prefer it as an index point for my thumb on the top of the rail in relation to my weapon light. Pic below:

Optic: Aimpoint H-1 on LaRue LT660 mount
    I love the combination of durability and lightweight the H-1 provides. I run a 2 MOA dot size and love it. Up close shots are easy and I've been able to push back to 350yds on steel silhouette targets pretty well. I typically prefer ADM mounts but got a good deal on a used LaRue mount so I decided to go with that version.

BUIS: DD fixed front + Troy folding rear ( => KAC 0-300m Micro)
    BUIS is an area where I've circled back a little. I've swapped to a DD fixed front sight to run behind an x300 on the front of the rail. The X300 is already in my sight picture a little so I figured that having a front sight there isn't an issue either. A few range trips with this setup has confirmed this assumption. The DD front also took up less rail space than the Troy folder and works out well for the natural position of where my thumb wants to ride. I had kept the Troy rear folder but just found a deal on a used KAC 0-300m micro rear and will be swapping over to get a little lower profile on the back of the upper.

Lower & Parts:
    I still have this SBR on my Spike’s punisher lower but am looking to register a second SBR lower and may swap this upper and some of the parts over to that lower. I swapped the ACT trigger out for a Geiselle SSA and it's been great. I was never able to get the ACT to feel "good" to me so I sold it to help fund the SSA. I still run a BCM grip and have switched all but one of my other rifles over to them. I have also kept the BAD safety selector.

Buttstock: B5 SOPMOD Bravo
    I picked up the B5 Bravo on a whim and found it extremely comfortable. The cheek weld is great and I don't store extra stuff on the gun, so the weight is good also. I have continued to run the A5 system but have been experimenting with different springs and buffers. I am currently running the A5H4 buffer with a Sprinco Green spring but have just recently started to have failures to lock back on an empty mag with .223 pressure ammo. I may swap the stock A5 spring back in to see if this cures the problem.

Sling: VCAS
    I have stuck with the VCAS as it just plain works for me and I'm used to the adjustment.

Light: Surefire X300U with Unity Tactical EXO
    I got a good deal on the X300U to run at 12:00 on my rail (ahead of the front sight). I didn't like the setup well until I coupled it with the UT EXO and the KAC thumb stop. This setup is very intuitive for me and funnels my thumb right to the switch on the light. Plus, it's nice having the bright output of the X300.

Future changes/upgrades:
    -NONE! (Unless BCM comes out with an 11" KMR....)

I have finally reached a point where I'm happy with this gun and how it runs. I don't envision wanting or needing to change anything on it in the near future. It meets all of the criteria that I set aside at the beginning of the project and is just plain fun to shoot. I will edit the post with a couple of pics later today.
    Last edited by BC98; 24 April 2014 at 20:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Killer build BC98.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, to be able to run a SBR...

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Much peace
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    Words...
    You have a very similar build to my "all-in, light, do everything" build. I, too, have a Centurion Arms 12.5" with a BCM upper and a M556K. I hope to finally test it out tomorrow and see that it's the solution to all the worlds problems. It sure is nice and light!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So here it is... I don't normally do these kind of threads, but figured what the hell. The ultimate goal was to build a lightweight, 200m and in all-around-carbine that I could run suppressed and/or with a light for classes, competition, or just in general. The problem I discovered today is that it's just such a sweet shooter that it makes it hard to grab another AR out of the safe.

Here's the obligatory parts list:

-BCM Upper (blem)
    -Centurion Arms 12.5" barrel
    -Centurion Arms BCG
    -SF M556K brake
    -Spikes lower with a G&R/LMT FCG
    -Aimpoint T1
    -KAC URX 3.1 10.75" rail w/ accessories

Weight is 6 lbs 11 oz without the suppressor, 7 lbs 12 oz suppressed (unloaded and without the light, which is easy to remove).

After getting it zeroed, I ran some rounds through it moving around 4 different targets. It easily points where you need it to go, and stops where you need it. It's also very smooth (running a ST-T2 buffer) unsuppressed and easy to keep on target. Suppressed, there were no buffer/gas issues, but a little more felt impulse and lots more gas. Still, even suppressed, it was very maneuverable.

Issues: not completely sold on the KAC hanstop. Also, the rail gets pretty hot running a few mags through it quickly running drills. KAC handguards help, but since I have my hand so far forward, not much of my hand is touching the handguards. A glove would eliminate any discomfort.

Overall, I'm very happy. This thing makes it difficult to pick what's coming out of the safe for a trip to the range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gatordev what type of groups you getting out of your Centurion barrel?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gatordev what type of groups you getting out of your Centurion barrel?
    Tiiieeete. Seriously though, I was mostly just zeroing and then function testing today, all with a RDS, so I wasn't shooting for groups. That said, if I didn't throw a round, I'd say within an inch. If you include the rounds I most likely threw, then probably 1.5". This is all at 50 yards shooting PPU .223 ammo (my current lot I'm shooting). Note: this is a lightweight barrel, so heat will probably affect it more than a non-lightweight barrel.

Personally, I think the barrel performed just fine for the conditions/optic. I'm sure it's more capable than I am with what I was doing today. Given the performance of my CA MK12, I have no doubt Monty's barrels are good to go, if there is any concern.

Downloads
    Uploads
    gatordev,

Awesome build. I keep wishing that MN would come to its senses and allow suppressors. The URX 3.1 rail was the other rail I had considered with my build when I got the Noveske. It looks fantastic. I have a URX 3.1 on a 16" build and I used some skateboard tap on the side rails for grip instead of the panels. It might be something you could try.