Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite RDS or Optic?

Since the press release of the forth coming T2 there has been some discussion over which RDS is better. Which I guess what works for one may not work for the other. I live on a 160 acre cattle farm so I get to plink around a lot. For the price and my limited experience RDS 's my favorite so far has been an Aimpoint Pro. I also like my H1 because of how little it weighs but do slightly better with the PRO. If I can ever get enough saved up I would like to try a Trijicon SRS. I don't own an ACOG but have got to use my buddy's and really like it. What is your favorite RDS or optic, and what is it's primary use?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    From a usefulness standpoint, I'm neutral on PRO vs Eotech EXPS. Factor in cost and I prefer the PRO. I have an Eotech G23 FTS magnifier that I switch from rifle to rifle as needed, works fine with my T1, PRO, and Eotechs.

Very ho-hum on my T1. Would not be my first choice for another optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For RDS I went with Eotech solely based on the circle-dot reticule. The ring draws my eye to the dot regardless of intensity setting. It's just easier (faster) for me and my old eyes. One son uses Aimpoint for weight and battery life. I've shot his rifles and like the Aimpoint, but will stick with Eotech (for now). The other (a LEO) uses an Eotech on his patrol rifle.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had an EXPS2 and am thinking about getting another just because used ones at the same price of a used PRO. I do prefer the 1/3 height of the EXPS2 over the XPS2.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used some 1-4 scopes like a Viper PST but don't own one. Would like to try a VCOG but the price out weighs my need.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got an H-1 (2 MOA) and PRO and some 1-x optics. My favorite is probably the H-1, but not by much. I like the small dot and the light weight. I've tried to like 1-x optics but the weight penalty isn't worth the type of shooting that I typically do with my carbines. When picking up my next RDS, I'll probably get another PRO just for the bang-for-the-buck advantage that it has.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a PRO, which I like a lot. It is however, my sample of one. On my other AR I have a Nikon M-223 1-4x. An excellent scope for the money. Very clear and surprisingly quick to pick up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like my Eotechs. Like Jerry, I like the 65 MOA circle. Also, my dad has an astigmatism and the LED red dot sights "bloom" for him. It's just easier for us to all use EO's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    I like my Eotechs. Like Jerry, I like the 65 MOA circle. Also, my dad has an astigmatism and the LED red dot sights "bloom" for him. It's just easier for us to all use EO's.
    For some reason, vision related I'd assume, I can't use the Eotechs. I bought one, used it a short while, and sold it at a loss. Just too much going or too overbearing in the circle, that I found it "distracting" and I couldn't use it. I suppose it's related directly to each user's vision, but either way, the single dot just works perfect for me.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run all Aimpoints. I prefer the fullsize tubes of the M3's and Pro over the Micro's. I find that during support side shooting I can't find the dot on the Micro's due to the limited field.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein