Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely love my keymod rail, simply because it's thin, light, and I don't have to put rail covers on it in order to hold onto it. Did I mention that it's light? I was amazed when I pulled it out of the box. I tossed it to my wife and she was shocked as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX View Post
    I absolutely love my keymod rail, simply because it's thin, light, and I don't have to put rail covers on it in order to hold onto it. Did I mention that it's light? I was amazed when I pulled it out of the box. I tossed it to my wife and she was shocked as well.
    Merlin, a few months ago I bought a complete BCM KMR "lightweight" upper. If you think you were surprised by the rail, I pulled everything out assembled and the light weight shocked me and I would have like to had a photo of the surprise on my face. It didn't register right with my brain, and for a brief moment I think I thought something was wrong.

Now I'm putting a Voodoo Arms Ultra Lite barrel, approx. 1lb. 3oz. together with a MI 15" SSK (keymod) hand guard together, and hoping to keep all of the rifle as light as possible. As far as accessories go, although there's not a whole lot out there for the heavy duty laser/optics/barrier/flashlight/ you name it, spec op folks, I can get the few useful things I want, now. So if M-LOK kills KMR accessories tomorrow, I'll still be o.k. and happy.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe the M-LOK system will kill the Keymod format. It may diminish it's market presence, but I don't see BCM abandoning their rail simply because Magpul has more marketing juice. M-LOK just isn't revolutionary enough to be a Keymod killer.

As for lightweight, I went with a Medcon barrel from Rainier as well as lightweight BCG and buffer system. I'm sure I could've shaved more weight with a lighter profile barrel, but didn't want to give up accuracy to do so. I need to weigh my rifle to see where it sits now, but so far it's pretty comfortable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're only saving an ounce with the medcon barrel compared to government profile. You're not going to see a huge accuracy difference between medcon vs lw unless you're doing mag dumps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that it will be a battle between BCM and Magpul.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    it seems that the m-lok and keymod both suffer from the same "main" issue. lack of simple quick detach mechanism. once you can get just about any bandstop, bipod, or other accessories to mount directly to the keymod with a quick detach, then you can say its as versatile as the picatinny. i for one, am not looking forward to building my SPR with a NSR keymod platform and then installing a swivel for the bipod to attach to but until bobro or atlas comes out with a QD mount, i don't want to have to add a piece of picatinny that sticks out if i remove those parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    it seems that the m-lok and keymod both suffer from the same "main" issue. lack of simple quick detach mechanism. once you can get just about any bandstop, bipod, or other accessories to mount directly to the keymod with a quick detach, then you can say its as versatile as the picatinny. i for one, am not looking forward to building my SPR with a NSR keymod platform and then installing a swivel for the bipod to attach to but until bobro or atlas comes out with a QD mount, i don't want to have to add a piece of picatinny that sticks out if i remove those parts.
    I would have to agree with you.

I'm one of the other few who aren't all that excited about MLOK or KeyMod. I still like a good old fashioned quad rail. Sure it's heavier but I never have to worry about attachment points or having any difficulty moving accessories around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's because you're an old fogey.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    That's because you're an old fogey.
    I'm on the wrong side of 30, but I thought the resident old man was FT?