Downloads
    Uploads

Posting Permissions

I have been trying to figure out how to post or attach a pic and I am not able to. I see at the bottom where it says Posting Permissions it says "You may not post attachments" Can someone assist?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Posting of attachments is limited to Staff only. If you want to post pics, use a free program like PhotoBucket or Flickr. It comes down to a bandwidth and storage issue on the server.

Sent via Tapatalk
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even I use a hosting server (Photobucket) I just find the process is much easier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As mentioned, the image needs to be on an internet-accessible server somewhere. You then link to that picture using the button in the WEVO box where you type your post, putting the images internet address in. That will automatically put [IMG][/IMG] tags around it and it will show up in your post. Shutterfly, Flickr, Pbase, etc etc, or even your own ISP's server space that they usually give you with your internet account.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am trying to post some pics and every post I make with pictures in the custom build forum goes to Moderator approval. Anyone know if its because I am new?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDude View Post
    I am trying to post some pics and every post I make with pictures in the custom build forum goes to Moderator approval. Anyone know if its because I am new?
    It goes away after 10 posts or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it. I think I have another one or two pending approval. =) If you be so kind =)
    +++++++++

Everyday is a good day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    An easy way to copy the link for a picture is to open the picture wherever it is, right click your mouse and select "Copy Link Location" (if using Windows).

Then go back to your WEVO post and simply right click again and select "Paste" or press "CTRL V" - bingo. There's the link to the picture.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    An easy way to copy the link for a picture is to open the picture wherever it is, right click your mouse and select "Copy Link Location" (if using Windows).

Then go back to your WEVO post and simply right click again and select "Paste" or press "CTRL V" - bingo. There's the link to the picture.
    Just something to keep in mind when doing this... Some sites either prevent hot-linking or don't like it and will complain back to the forum since it's taking page views away from their site and/or burning up their bandwidth. I admin on another pretty large, non-gun site and we've had complaints before when people would do this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Just something to keep in mind when doing this... Some sites either prevent hot-linking or don't like it and will complain back to the forum since it's taking page views away from their site and/or burning up their bandwidth. I admin on another pretty large, non-gun site and we've had complaints before when people would do this.
    That's true. Which is why it's best to create a Photobucket or Flickr account to put your pics in. Besides. Then they are always there.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.