Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hg8057 View Post
    High praise indeed. Thanks. The decorative stuff is way beyond me right now. I just wanted to enhance the "beer can grip". I've considered the grip on my G26 but stippling a weapon scares me to death. Make a mistake on a PMAG and you buy more! Make a mistake on a weapon and you've got an ugly weapon.
    I was scared crapless to do my M&P9, but I bit the bullet after a few mags and I'm glad I did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whelp ... this post is probably long over due, but I figured I'd post for all to see (and because BC wanted to see it haha) for my first stippled PMAG (black Gen M2).

Here's a quick picture. I've got a few other ones that I'll post later.

... and for all of us camera nerd out there who'd like to know:
    D5100
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8
    ISO 1250 @ f/4
    1/20 sec

Thanks for all of your help BC!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Whelp ... this post is probably long over due, but I figured I'd post for all to see (and because BC wanted to see it haha) for my first stippled PMAG (black Gen M2).

Here's a quick picture. I've got a few other ones that I'll post later.

... and for all of us camera nerd out there who'd like to know:
    D5100
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8
    ISO 1250 @ f/4
    1/20 sec

Thanks for all of your help BC!
    Your consistency is looking good! Now you just gotta start experimenting with non standard tips!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, if this is your first crack at it color me impressed. My first attempts were… well lets just say I don't try to do it myself anymore lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Your consistency is looking good! Now you just gotta start experimenting with non standard tips!
    Oh - that's what scares me haha. I wouldn't even know how to make patterns for that.

Duty - yes, this was my first ever stipple job.

Thanks for the kind words!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's two more shots I took.

Black & White (and probably my favorite photo out of the 3, even though it's black and white)

Selective Color

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Here's two more shots I took.

Black & White (and probably my favorite photo out of the 3, even though it's black and white)

Selective Color
    Looks great

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa hawkeyes View Post
    Looks great
    A little late (didn't see this back then) - thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I picked up an adjustable wood burner/soldering iron for stippling stuff, it's pretty awesome once you figure out the right setting for what you're stippling. I tend to just use the finest tip to get the texture I like.

I used mags for practice, so I'm not sure what to tell you there... :-D
    That's a good suggestion on the woodburning iron. I have one of those so all I need to do is get a fine tip. It might have finer tuning on the heat than my soldering iron.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I had the patience and "artistic" skills to do that. I'd consider doing a PMag, no big deal, it'll still work, but after all of those little holes, I think I'd start getting antsy to finish after just one square. I sure as heck wouldn't touch one of my M&P's or Glocks with a soldering iron. A guy whose screen name is Aziator was doing M&P back straps while he was stationed in Iraq. He did some beautiful starburst effect stippling for the back straps on a couple of my M&P's.

I do appreciate the work that some folks do, it's just beyond me how they do it, and stay sane, when a little "oops" can turn into a big "awwwwww sh*t". Battle Cock does some impressive work. I'd like to get the frame of my G23 done, more for practical reasons than "art", but folks that do them get big buck for their service, and if you don't like the results, you're S.O.L.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't take good pictures and couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag but jumped into stippling my own stuff a couple years ago.
    Mine end up similar to the pattern on hg8057's. I like the smaller texture better than others, it just works for me better.

Each small panel takes about 5 minutes, wrap around panels take about 7. Haven't bothered to count how long it takes to to the bottom yet.

For this Nation I will do nothing. For the Nation that was founded, I will do anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys, I haven't seen it mentioned here but the fumes from burning those plastic parts are highly toxic. Make sure you have some serious ventilation when you stipple and try not to breath the smoke that comes from stippling. I stippled a few parts but did it under an exhaust fan. Just a heads up...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Battle Cock does some impressive work.

FT
    He's working his magic on a couple things for me at the moment and I'm thoroughly impressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I wish I had the patience and "artistic" skills to do that. I'd consider doing a PMag, no big deal, it'll still work, but after all of those little holes, I think I'd start getting antsy to finish after just one square.
    Why do you think it took me sooo long to finish haha (besides being busy). Nothing wrong with just doing one square/session, that's what I've done before.

Nice job on stippling those PMAGs Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Hey guys, I haven't seen it mentioned here but the fumes from burning those plastic parts are highly toxic. Make sure you have some serious ventilation when you stipple and try not to breath the smoke that comes from stippling. I stippled a few parts but did it under an exhaust fan. Just a heads up...
    You address a very good point ... personally I don't have an exhaust fan ..... so I just sit next to a window.

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    He's working his magic on a couple things for me at the moment and I'm thoroughly impressed.
    We'll be expecting some pictures when you get said items back!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a package from BattleCock :D