Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Arms BCG

I know some of you are pretty familiar with Rainier and their products so I got a question. I could have swore at one time I saw a Rainier branded side charging BCG on their site but I went to look for it the other day to purchase and didn't see it only the Young. Any info would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    I know some of you are pretty familiar with Rainier and their products so I got a question. I could have swore at one time I saw a Rainier branded side charging BCG on their site but I went to look for it the other day to purchase and didn't see it only the Young. Any info would be appreciated.
    They've never made a side charger BCG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks, I could have sworn I remembered 2 on their website about 6 months ago. One of course being the Young Manu. and the other being an actual Rainier branded one with the Raineir markings and all. But you look at so much some of it starts to run together, I knew someone here would know just wishful thinking I guess. Is there anyone else that makes a side charge carrier besides Young. I don't recall ever seeing another?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe you were thinking of a young's manufacturing side charger as they do or use to stock those i believe

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any experience with side chargers, but the Young's BCG I have has been great. Their machining is beautiful, the only carrier I've seen that maybe nicer than theirs is JP.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone tell me what the big deal is with side chargers? I see so many requests for manufacturers to do side chargers, but so few do it. I'm guessing people want them, or think they want them, but it comes time to pony up the cash, they end up being too expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Someone tell me what the big deal is with side chargers? I see so many requests for manufacturers to do side chargers, but so few do it. I'm guessing people want them, or think they want them, but it comes time to pony up the cash, they end up being too expensive.
    UW, I think you hit the nail on the head, for a lot of stuff, not just on this forum, but especially on some of the "monster" forums. Something comes along, everyone says they want one. You expect to go to the range and see them everywhere in a week, and nothing ever comes of it. If folks were really lined up to buy something, you know they'd be in the production line ASAP.... Seems like I see this often.

FT.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    My friends that run side chargers are southpaws and guys who like to run cheek risers.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    GOST, how many of your friends run side chargers? I've never seen one, except in pictures. Just curious if they're more in demand in some areas of the US, than others? I would like to put a mag or two down one, just to scratch it from the bucket list, although it's really not on my "bucket list", but it would give me something new to talk about with my buds.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a couple. They hunt, they're not in the tactical or competition crowd. Being right handed I like a charging handle better.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotta admit, personally, I don't get side chargers with today's component options. The only reason I would consider side-charging is when the optic obstructs the charging handle.

Shouldn't that be a rare occurrence these days? Large tactical latches and handle designs that reduce stress on roll pins should make side charging uppers nearly obsolete even with telescopes attached to an upper.

This doesn't even touch on my personal preference for smaller footprint, moderately powered scopes on AR-15 pattern rifles - though that might change if I ever get off my butt and build a 6.5 Grendel upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer a regular charging handle simply because that's what I'm used to. The only down side I see to side chargers is the reciprocating handle.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen a contingent of Californians who like side chargers for range play. They remove the gas tube and then an AR is no longer an "assault weapon," so you don't have to worry about mag locks or mag capacity. For an AR precision gun, I can see the appeal (in a place like CA).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, Gator,
    I would have never thought about that, but then again, it's been a long time since I lived in the subjugated slave state of CA......Thank God. But that's a pretty slick workaround.!

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger